Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-07-2012, 01:59   #1

Boat: 21m Classic gaff rigged ketch
Holland-Canaries-W.Indies

Looking for someone who can hand, reef and steer to join our family cruise.
We have a very sound 17m classic gaff ketch. Very roomy accommodation and deck space but sleeping quarters are tight. You need to be fit, rig is very traditional. If you are a complete novice, it could work; getting the right personality on board is more important than experience. We leave Holland in August, with ports of call along the way to Canaries before heading west on our circumnavigation. Everything provided on board, shoreside and travel is at your own expense. We have two children aged 3 & 7. How long you stay on board is open season.
Old 16-07-2012, 10:39   #2

Re: Holland-Canaries-W.Indies

Hello.

I'm Brent. I'm possibly interested in crewing a portion of your family's expedition. I'm a writer and a father of a five year old boy, though he would be staying with his mother during the trip. I would only be able to enjoy approximately one month of the voyage, but it would be invaluable to me because I'm about two years away from purchasing my own vessel and need as much experience as I can gain before captaining my own boat. I've travelled Holland, France, and Italy and can't get enough and it has always been a dream of mine to visit the Canaries. I'm a former U.S. Marine, served five years from age seventeen to twenty two, so sleeping in a tight quarter is nothing new. I'm in excellent shape and currently 33 years old. I have a fun and adventurous attitude. I would like to learn more about you and your family and see if it is a good fit. I would of course cover my own flight expense to Holland and all my expenses ashore.

Cheers,

Brent
Old 16-07-2012, 15:16   #3

Boat: a sailing boat

You will be able to take on crew / exchange crew in Canaries if you are there (here) around the ARC time. There are plenty of willing people every year walking the docks, some of them seem very apt. They can be found in Las Palmas at the Puerto Deportivo (main city marina).

Cheers,
b.
Old 16-07-2012, 23:24   #4

Send a message via Skype™ to jasonk

I would love to chat with you about your trip Jason- Toronto, Canada

jasonkyriakou at hotmail dot com
Old 17-07-2012, 10:44   #5

Send a message via Skype™ to thymboy

I would like to chat with you about this trip. Vasco - Israel
thymboy at gmail dot com and skyp thymboy1
Old 25-07-2012, 04:24   #6

Hello,

My name's David. I'm a young naval engineer working in Antwerpen (Belgium).

If you're still looking for someone please let me know.
Here's my number +32 486 70 77 40.
davidcouldina@hotmail.com

Regards,

David
Old 19-08-2012, 11:01   #7

Hi there,
If there are any berths still available, I'd be very interested in joining you.

I'm 23, I have a competent crew qualification and ~400 miles experience, including night watches. I'm very fit, friendly and sociable. I've just finished my physics degree, and since an Atlantic voyage I was set to crew on got cancelled recently, I've been searching for a friendly boat to cross on.

I've got my own kit, I can come and meet you in Europe or the Canaries, and I've worked up some money to contribute to costs.

Even if there's no vacancy for the entire trip, I'd be keen on doing any legs to gain experience.

I should add that I'm a good cook, good with kids and happy to help with any / every job on board.

Please email me at dangoldwater (at) gmail.com

Thanks very much!
Dan
Old 20-08-2012, 01:21   #8

Boat: Punch 1010 36ft

Hi, me Rob, dutch!!live in france, available for whole trip!
have a look at my profile, thanks
Old 21-08-2012, 03:42   #9

Hi

Very interested in your trip. I have much crewing experience and RYA Coastal Skipper. I will be in Gibralter at the end of October if you are passing that way. I intend to be in the Canaries early November. Let me know if you think I could be of assistance.
Old 23-08-2012, 08:33   #10

I am very interested in your journey. But like you, I believe that it is important to share some views of the world and life to blend smoothly on a ship.

I am a norwegian (32 years of age) with sailing experience for some years, all manual on my veteran sailer. So manual traditional sailing suits me well. Also have some experience sailing those viking-ship-replicas. I have always loved the type of ships you are travelling on, so this is highly interesting.

Since you are travelling with children I guess safety comes high on your priority-list, that would suit me well. There are no guaranties in life and sailing, but I like to prepair for what is coming my way anyhow.

I am available from some time in November and a couple of months or more, so send me an e-mail if you like what you read so far: willmasta@hotmail.com
Old 26-08-2012, 04:46   #11

Send a message via Skype™ to Ilan Windholz

Hey,
we are couple (28,24) wishing to crew in the Canaries toward the carribean. we have sailing experience, stcw and eng1
Im Marine biologist, Diving and Surfing instructor specilized teaching kids. we trying to get onboard a nice sail boat where we can gain more experience and knowledge. we are ready to crew end of October

you can contact me at: ilanwave@hotmail.com
or under my skype name- ilanwave
Old 28-08-2012, 04:16   #12

I'm:
male, 24years old, irish, sailor, scuba diver, rock climber, paddler, mechanical engineer, biker, tinkerer/mechanic.

I'm pretty much just finished college and looking to get some serious miles under my belt!
My sailing experience is as follows; started sailing 14 years ago,
Ive been a sailing instructor for the last 7 years teaching kids and adults(during the summer months), Have worked as a "boatman" in a few local clubs; ferrying, antifouling, taking boats out of the water ect
I have a little over 1000 sea miles from STV Asgard 2 and from sailing friends boats from ireland to france.

So not a whole lot of cruising experience at all, but i certainly know the difference from one end of the boat to the other.

I would also consider myself easy going, enthusiastic (about all things boat related anyway), pretty good at trouble shooting/fixing things/knowledgeable of boats, rigging and engines.

I'm in Ireland at the moment and can make myself available for any amount of time.

let me know if your interested.

paularabinjones at yahoo dot co dot uk

Cheers,

Paul
Old 02-09-2012, 02:18   #13

Hi

My name is Brian and I am writing to express my interest sail. I am a novice sailor, but do have some experience, including a trip from Salvador, Brazil to Rhode Island, USA via Bermuda and a couple weeks in the Strait of Vancouver during early winter (can provide references upon request). Additionally, I have extensive experience climbing and mountaineering.

I just graduated from a Masters program last week here in the US and am seeking to get back out on the water. I If you feel I may be a good fit, then please feel free to contact me with any further question. Thanks and I look forward to hearing back! brian.lee_2008 at yahoo
Old 02-09-2012, 10:41   #14

Hi There
I am in Gibraltar but can travel. Just completed Day Skipper Tidal and now on STCW95s course. Keen to get some millage on the log and heading towards the canaries because I teach English there.
Regards
Mark
+44 (0) 7722 101 336

Tags
Canaries