Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-10-2013, 08:07   #1

hi every one:)

Hi everyone,

I would like to sail with the ARC this November 2013, but I don't THINK MY OLD BOAT WILL SURVIVE THE TRIP so I'm looking to either join a boat as crew or charter a boat and go with a crew which could include a few of you!

If any of you have a boat and are looking for an extra GOOD hand, I am 24, SKIPPER. I sailed for many years' and can fix nearly anything on the boat, PRO WINDSURFER,X NAVY SEAL and SURF AND KITE SURF INSTRUCTOR.

Also, any thoughts or tips would be greatly appreciated. ANYWAY I WILL BE IN GRAN CANARIA NEXT MONTH HOPING FOR A RIDE... IT DOESNT HAVE TO BE THE ARC, I HAVE ONE YEAR TO TRAVEL and EVERY OFFER WILL BE GREAT REALY

Looking forward to hearing from you, thanks in advance, ALON ZUCKER.
alon.zucker12@gmail.com
Old 03-10-2013, 09:59   #2

Boat: Gemini 105Mc 34'
Re: hi every one:)

Welcome aboard, Alon! Good luck on your quest!
Old 03-10-2013, 10:17   #3

Boat: Catalina 30

Not to start trouble or be disrespectful, but being a former Marine I always get a little skeptical when people throw x Navy Seal around for a couple of reason. 1st every person I know was a Former Seal, Marine, Soldier etc.. not X or EX. Second that is a big qualification to be throwing around on your first post when your trying to catch a ride. Lastly out of the few special ops people I do know they are all very hesitant to brandish their qualifications even after they get out of the service because security is still a concern after their duty ends. I would be leery about this post.

However if I am wrong and your quals hold water then I apologize and thoroughly Thank You for your service to this country.

Semper Fi
Old 03-10-2013, 11:00   #4

thank you very much MikeA - Waterway Guide!!
Old 07-10-2013, 20:15   #5

Location: Currently on the HARD in Guaymas Mexico and staying in Phoenix, AZ
Boat: Columbia 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontherocks83 View Post
Not to start trouble or be disrespectful, but being a former Marine I always get a little skeptical when people throw x Navy Seal around for a couple of reason. 1st every person I know was a Former Seal, Marine, Soldier etc.. not X or EX. Second that is a big qualification to be throwing around on your first post when your trying to catch a ride. Lastly out of the few special ops people I do know they are all very hesitant to brandish their qualifications even after they get out of the service because security is still a concern after their duty ends. I would be leery about this post.

However if I am wrong and your quals hold water then I apologize and thoroughly Thank You for your service to this country.

Semper Fi
Agreed.