Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-05-2013, 07:44   #1

Headed somewhere warm?

Trying to find my way around the world, and really hoping to do so by sea.
My name is Andrew, I'm 28 years old. I've worked on a commercial fishing boat on the pacific before, and I've sailed a little (very little) bit on a lake. I definitely don't get sea sick, I play music (was a hitchhiking street musician for a few years), I won't let you down as a worker, I have a valid U.S. passport, I can pay my way, and I can spin out at least an hours worth of yarn about everything I've mentioned here.
So I'm trying to head for SE Asia or the South Pacific in August or September. I can be anywhere in the U.S. pretty quickly and would gladly tell you anything you need to know about me.
Hoping for opportunity.
Old 27-05-2013, 15:35   #2

Boat: Farr 1220
Re: Headed somewhere warm?

We will leave Sydney for Gizo in the Western Solomon Islands late July. We may have a spot if one of the regular crew can't make it, so at this stage its just a possibility. The boat is a Farr 1220 fully equipped and seaworthy and has done the trip before. It's a one way trip and will take about two weeks. Please reply to ak @ otcobirdnet.com.au
Old 30-05-2013, 13:05   #3

Too early for me, I'm in the middle of visiting family all over the U.S. until the beginning of August. I do appreciate the reply though.
Old 16-06-2013, 12:44   #4

Boat: Van De Stadt Excalibur 36
Send a message via Skype™ to Bluewaters2812

Drop us an email at: blue waters 2812 at yahoo dot co dot uk. The Admiral and I might need crew for a crossing to the Azores (and much further if you are interested and we get along).
Old 16-06-2013, 15:04   #5

Boat: S2 11 36'

Hey Andrew!

You might be a perfect fit for our boat. Our 36ft sailboat is currently in Seattle, WA but we are planning to head south along the pacific coastline starting August 12 and are looking for an additional hand or two as I wont be able to make part of the journey. If you have any offshore sailing experience that would be even better. Please send me an email and let me know what you think! rharperunc[at]gmail.com
Old 17-06-2013, 09:40   #6

Hi Andrew, I plan to sail my boat from Europe all the way to Phuket, Thailand. I need a crew to join me. The boat is a 43' Motiva, Danish production steel hull sailing boat. She is now in Lisbon, Portugal. Has plenty of space and very seaworthy. There are a couple of options on the route to take, to be discussed. I would like to leave around mid to end August. Can email me at nleukhin@me.com if interested.
Old 17-06-2013, 11:51   #7

Hi Andrew,
I'm looking for a crew to join me on a sailing trip to bring my boat from Portugal to Thailand. Plan to leave late August from Portugal. Route to be discussed. Boat is seaworthy and spacious. If interested pls. respond