Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-02-2015, 21:09   #1
Marine Service Provider

Boat: My father had, in my college years & into my mid-adulthood, a Pearson 365 Ketch, 45' Gulfstar Sloop.
pirate Hawaiian Islands??

Hi All...

This is my first "post". Actually, I've had an account here for years but rarely have posted.

I'm in Kona now but live in Washington state. My wife is a flight attendant and I can come here to Hawaii often and because of my work schedule, I can stay for weeks at a time. (I'm a firefighter/paramedic and have been for 32 years.)

I'm looking for sailing between the Islands... for delivery crew???

A quick Bio... I grew up sailing... from Hobie Cats to my dad's Pearson 356 Ketch in the Bahamas and Caribbean. I also crewed on the delivery a 45 Gulfstar Sloop from Ft. Lauderdale to St. Thomas, BVI... 9 days out at sea. Way cool.

However, that was years ago but I don't think I've lost too much of my marbles or abilities. I'm a fast learner and will do as you command Captain!!!

So, I've attached a Resume' and will see what happens. Feel free to call me on my cell phone! I'm in Kona at this second and will be for about 12 more days (gotta to back to work! Ugh!).

Dean Scott

DEAN L. SCOTT
P. O. Box 355
340 N. 2nd St., Toledo, WA 98591
(253) 318-2042[IMG]resource://skype_ff_extension-at-jetpack/skype_ff_extension/data/call_skype_logo.png[/IMG](253) 318-2042 cell

OBJECTIVE: Crew for Hawaiian Islands Sailing Delivery/Adventure!

WORK EXPERIENCE:
9/94 TO PRESENT FIREFIGHTER 1st CLASS/PARAMEDIC, Central Pierce Fire Rescue, Pierce County, WA.
In-charge paramedic onboard an ACLS Rescue Unit as well as fire suppression and Engine Driver, full-time.

3/94 TO 9/94 PARAMEDIC: Fawcett Memorial Hospital Emergency Department, Port Charlotte, FL. Paramedic in the E. D. with full ACLS duties and responsibilities, part-time only.

1988 TO 9/94 JOURNEYMAN FIREFIGHTER/PARAMEDIC: North Port Fire Rescue, North Port, FL. In-charge paramedic onboard an ACLS Rescue Unit as well as fire suppression/Engine Driver, full-time.

1982 TO 1988 PARAMEDIC: Charlotte County Emergency Medical Services, Charlotte County, FL In-charge paramedic
onboard ACLS Rescue Unit, full-time.

EDUCATION: Cedarville University, Cedarville, OH, B. A. in Psychology/Behavioral Science. During my Freshman Year I was Freshman Class President and traveled with a vocal ensemble, representing the College in public relations. In my Junior and Senior years I was active in a fraternity whose purpose was public relations for the college. Also during my Junior and Senior years I was a Resident Advisor in a Men’s Dormitory on campus. I played soccer for the college, and was active in many clubs and organizations, serving as an Officer in several. Yearbook Photographer Jr./Sr. Years.

Edison Community College, Port Charlotte, FL. A. S. in Emergency Medicine April 1993. A. S. in Fire Science August 1994. Phi Theta Kappa with HONORS.

LICENSES AND
CERTIFICATIONS: FIREFIGHTER 1st CLASS
State of Washington Paramedic Certification
Pierce County Paramedic Certified #561
NREMT-Paramedic (expired)
Advanced Cardiac Life Support
Advanced Cardiac Life Support Instructor (expired)
Advanced Pediatric Life Support
Basic Life Support
Basic Trauma Life Support
PADI Open Water Diver's Certification
Washington State CDL- Class B with Passenger Endorsement- 3P1
Amateur Ham Radio Operator- KK7XI (Advanced Class)

ADDITIONAL
COURSEWORK: Pediatric Pre-Hospital Care
Critical Incident Stress Management
Labor Supervision Seminar
Handling Conflict, Criticism and Anger Seminar
National Association of Professional Drivers Course refresher 9/99
Company Officer and Leadership
Methods and Techniques of Instruction
Hazardous Materials I
Hazardous Materials II
Private Fire Protection
Tactics and Strategy of Fire Fighting
24 Hour Company Inspector
Multi Company Tactical Operations Class
Washington State Dept. of Forestry Wildland Firefighting "Red Card" (expired)
Defensive Handgun Training- FrontSight Firearms Training Institute

PERSONAL DATA: Married, aged 57, four adult children, excellent health, 5’ 11”, 180 lbs., I speak Spanish moderately well.

REFERENCES: Available upon request.

Call
Send SMS
Add to Skype
You'll need Skype CreditFree via Skype

Tags
hawaii