Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-05-2013, 15:12   #1

Send a message via AIM to wandervogel
pirate hardworking storytelling adventurer seeks Pacific passage US to NZ in 2014

It might be a bit ahead of the game to start planning, but I am looking to join a crew in 2014 to sail from anywhere in the US/Caribbean/Mexico/etc to NZ (so likely March or later). I have very little boat experience but I am fit and willing to learn. I have time, energy, patience, and as an avid caver I don't mind sharing tight spaces. I know how to tie a few solid knots. My sense of humor is questionable and I use superfluous words, but I am not traveling with a dog so at least you have only one mouth to worry about and a lot less hair. So long as you are not looking for upfront funds to fund a boat purchase (the last scammer I almost followed across the Pacific had this in mind, turns out he also runs an adult site. ... no bueno... not the kind of vessel I have in mind). My funds are pretty limited. I can keep my mouth clean enough to sail with a family, and can crack enough jokes around a game of cards and a bottle of rum to sail with crusty sea folks (I prefer to only drink on special occasions). Just nothing too fishy (haha).

I'm posting this so far in advance as I would like to get to know people I would be spending that much time with and make sure we are a good fit before we all commit to spending a near eternity in a piece of plastic. Hopefully someone on here already has plans and a seaworthy vessel. I'd be even more happy to meet you and help prepare the vessel for her journey ahead of time.

Give me enough of a heads up and I might be able to convince my friend who is a professional cook to join us.

Any suggestions for me? I'd love to meet anyone planning for such a journey. Currently living near San Francisco, but constantly on the move around the west coast, climbing and camping and what not while trying to save up more money than I spend (still learning that hat trick). I look forward to hearing from you

Tags
passage