Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-12-2011, 04:20   #1

Boat: Camano Troll 31'
Hampton to Charleston or maybe Jacksonville.

I need one-two crew for a trip to Jacksonville from Hampton, Va, but I may be stopping in Charleston, SC for a couple of days.

34' Aloha,
No smoking, drugs, alcohol.

Depart Jan 1-10 (weather dependent) all inside on the ICW.

NOTE: I don't have a schedule except to be there by February.
This is a non paying position.

I have no I-net at this marina so I can only see e-mail once a day, be patient.
Old 22-12-2011, 13:18   #2
FAM

Re: Hampton to Charleston or maybe Jacksonville.

Hi Don, I can't join you on this trip, but I hope you will keep me in mind in the future. My resume is attached. -Greg Brock
Attached Files
File Type: doc Sailing Resume[1].doc (31.5 KB, 72 views)
Old 26-12-2011, 13:49   #3

Re: Hampton to Charleston or maybe Jacksonville.

Hi Don,

How has your trip been to date?

Married with three children and 2 grandsons, I am 57 and still working but am trying to ease my way out of the rat race. I've booked off work for February, unpaid, and am looking for an opportunity to sail and share expenses. I've owned two keel boats, the latest a Bayfield 25 with my brother, we sail on Lake Ontario in any weather. I don't have any blue water experience.

I love Latin America and commend to you the ports of Varidaro and Havana Cuba, also Bocas del Toro in Panama and Tampico in Mexico. I've studied up my Spanish and practice whenever I can. You'll find I'm handy on a boat. I pulled out and and re-installed our auxiliary diesel for a rebuild. While it was out I fitted it with an alternator and wired it into the boat so we don't need shore power any more. We also fitted an auto-tiller, do you have one?

I like to cook and I don't smoke or take drugs. The way I have fun on a trip is to look for the good in everyone I meet. People everywhere are open and curious about us if I can just slow down and appreciate them. Women can be a challenge if they see you as a 'sugar daddy' so I try to keep things correct (I just returned from a week cycling in Cuba with my brother).

Please let me know if I might fit into your plans. I can certainly cover expenses and can meet you in any port you choose.

Andy Welch
Streetsville, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don1500 View Post
I need one-two crew for a trip to Jacksonville from Hampton, Va, but I may be stopping in Charleston, SC for a couple of days.

34' Aloha,
No smoking, drugs, alcohol.

Depart Jan 1-10 (weather dependent) all inside on the ICW.

NOTE: I don't have a schedule except to be there by February.
This is a non paying position.

I have no I-net at this marina so I can only see e-mail once a day, be patient.