Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-10-2011, 23:24   #1

Gulf of Coast to Grand Cayman Island 2012

Hello sailers,

I'm a slightly experienced crew member desperately seekign passage to Grand Cayman Island. I am willing to help with expenses and fees involved for such a passage.

I have 3 years commercial fishing experience in Alaska (safe at handling rough waters)

I motored sailed a 46' pilot housed, custom built from Brookings, OR to Cordova, AK. Held wheel watch through the Wrangell Narrows at night while the owner slept, he trusted my abilities by that point.

Done a little racing and pleasure sailing on the lakes near where I live this past year.

All applicable references available upon request.

To help get an idea of my character, you can find me on facebook, the only David Ziegahn in the world.

Only constraint: Time

I will be working a two week on/off schedule next year and will be happy to get myself to where the boat is for a two week prep hitch. Perhaps some day sailing and boat cleaning, prep, stocking etc. Return after two weeks of work to head out from your harbor city. I would be flying myself back of course. If you were worried about getting the boat home, I could book a roundtrip flight if you didn't mind hanging out there for two weeks.

I have no criminal record, certifiied PADI Rescue Diver, Certified Red Cross First Responder, strong back, level head, dual US/AUS citizenship, don't smoke or do drugs, only drink a few beers when my captain says I can.

I hope to hear from you, even if you're reading this and not making the trip, any pointers on where I might find passage would be greatly appreciated

David Ziegahn