Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-06-2011, 09:12   #1

Grenada => Colombia - Early July, 2011

Australian husband, wife and 2 kids on a 43ft Cat considering taking on an extra crew for about 3 weeks for Grenada do Colombia via ABC's, primarily to help with watches. Trip will be arround 3 weeks, weather dependant, leaving Grenada 1st or second week of July. Females welcome. Spanish speakers welcome.
Old 19-06-2011, 02:05   #2

Looks like a great trip. I grew up on the "C" island. Don't forget to to check out Bonaire: flamingos, salt hills, conch hills. From Bonaire to Curacao you can overnight on Klein Curacao. The eastern tip of curaçao can be treacherous so I recommend staying well off it...thus an overnight stop in Klein curaçao and then easy sailing along the southern curaçao coast. Some good scuba diving there...a rare dive site. Once in curaçao, there's lots to do. In Spanish bay, good marinas and anchorage, but the entrance to the bay is tight. High on the list you should snorkel "mushroom forest" on the west end (south side). Cristoffel park is good fir hiking the highest hill. Punda, Otrabanda, the forts and floating market are good to check out. Then Aruba...just sand baby and more sand...plus all sorts of American amenities.
Old 20-06-2011, 15:43   #3

Location: I live on the Lake Michigan shoreline. The name of the town is Silver Lake, MI
Re: Grenada-Colombia Early July, 2011

Is this a paid position? I have experience. Logged 4000 miles last summer from Hurghada, Egypt to Cochin India via the Red Sea, Gulf of Aden (Pirate Alley) and Indian Ocean. Happy to give more details after initial contact is made. Thanks for your time!

Nathan
Old 20-06-2011, 16:08   #4

Hi Nathan,
No, this is not a paid position. We have been sailing arround the Leeward and Windward islands for the past 6 months. We jus tthought it could be handy to have someone to help with a watch.
Cheers,
Glen
Old 03-07-2011, 11:09   #5

Hi Glenn,
This looks like a great trip and i'd be very happy to help. I'm actually a colombian/british citizen so am fluid both in english and spanish, a little bit of french as well. I've got my STCW qualifications plus some work on yachts and sailing vessels although no serious experience. Also a PADI Divemaster so would be more than happy to help you with any activities you may want. My email is andreski89@hotmail.com so write me if I can be of any help.

Andres
Old 03-07-2011, 19:35   #6

Hi Glen and family ...
CU at sailor's happy hour in Spanish Water / fisherman's place ...
looking for a red flower helps ...
fair winds ...
Old 06-07-2011, 10:31   #7

Very interested in this route, even if you only have room for me part way. Sounds like a great trip! I just completed my USCG 50 GT certification, I am a sailboat owner, PADI Adv diver, First Aide, good cook and have lots of overnight off-shore experience. flexible the rest of the month. Paul - paulcatsf at yahoo dot com.
Old 08-07-2011, 14:28   #8
Marine Service Provider

Hi, am also an aussie looking to go that way, would be keen to help out with your trip. Am new to this, so not sure what other bits of info you want but feel free to email me, just seen the date and hope it's not too late. -Chelsea
email: chelseachapman( at) equinox-marine (dot) com (dot) au
Old 09-07-2011, 09:41   #9

Hi folks,
Sorry I missed the last replies. We are currently in Curacao and wanting to continue on to Aruba and then Santa Marta where we will hold up for a month or more. Not sure if you are around and interested in this passage Andre, Paul or Chelsea?
Glen and Andrea on Seazen
Old 17-07-2011, 14:52   #10

Hi Glen, I am currently in Miami and will be travelling to Bogota this Thursday. I'd be glad to help you out if the dates work out. Please let me know the details.

P.S. I'll be in staying in Colombia for some time so if you need any help while you are there also you can let me know.

cheers!
Old 21-07-2011, 11:19   #11

Re: Grenada => Colombia - Early July, 2011

Hi Glen -
Hope all is well. Where are you now? I am available immediately, and until Aug 8. Please send a private email to paulcatsf (at) yahoo (dot) com.
Looking to get somewhere tropical to sail and maybe dive before I go back to work.
Thanks,
Paul

Tags
Colombia