Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-10-2013, 18:40   #1

Graduating Senior; East Coast Based; TO ANYWHERE

Graduating senior here. With the end of my schooling rapidly approaching, I'm looking for opportunities to sail. Needless to say, my passion for being on the water far outweighs my desires to sit behind a desk for any further duration of time (at least temporarily).

Putting that all aside, I am looking for opportunities to transport and cruise after graduation this coming May 2014. I will be available immediately following May 2014, from the East Coast, traveling to pretty much anywhere, foreign or domestic.

I am a 21 year old, graduating senior at Rutgers University in New Brunswick, New Jersey. I am the current captain of the Rutgers U. Sailing Team, and have had nearly 12 years of experience on the water sailing a range of vessels, though mostly in racing conditions (Lasers, Melges, Lightnings, FJ, 420, Etchells, all the way up to a C&C 40). I am in fantastic shape (6'3" @ 185lbs), having rowed for two years on the U Crew team, and sailed for 3; Oldest of four boys; Eagle Scout; long history of hard working jobs.

On large boats, I have served as a grinder and as foredeck during racing conditions. I have cruised on large boats along the East Coast, Chesapeake River, and along the Great Lakes. I have no fear in tackling hard work. I have not logged time sailing at night, which I understand is a considerable factor when choosing crew; however, I'm eager to learn and to build experience.

The bottom line is that no, I have not had nearly as much as experience as the other guy, but I am young, able to be molded, and more than willing to learn and see a job through to the end.

I will gladly provide both a Sailing and Professional resume upon request.

Thanks for taking a moment to read over my blurb! Looking forward to seeing what the Cruisers community has to offer!

Tags
east coast