Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-03-2016, 09:20   #1

Boat: Bruce Roberts Spray, 36' Steel Junk-Rigged Schooner
pirate Fuerteventura - Faro (via Maderia) (No experience required)

Hey guys n gals, I'm looking for crew with or without experience to help me get my junk-rigged schooner, Chineel, back to Europe for some fitting out and supplies. Currently I have one friend joining me, and am looking for 2 more (couples welcome).

We sail at the end of this month! If you intend to fly from the US, I suggest getting a 3 weeks return to Faro, and catching a one-way budget airline from there to the Canaries - cheaper than flying direct or buying two one-way tickets.

There is no autopilot, hence my need for crew. Instruction will be given, and you are welcome to wake me up if you are need help while alone on a night shift -- expect swearing in such a case, but you should take no offence :P

Power generation is currently limited to her well-maintained onboard diesel, which I intend to run for no more than a couple of hours a day, so crew power consumption will be limited to charging phones, mp3 players and ebook readers.

If we have a full compliment of crew (4), shifts will be two 3 hour shifts a day, rotating for all crew, including myself. I will be cooking most of the main meals, but preparation of other meals will be done on a rota basis (menu is planned, and instructions given if required).
The stop in Maderia will be for a day or so, depending on how quickly we make the passage, anchorage there is €25 a day, so about €6 each.
Other costs include - €60 for two weeks provisions, and €30 towards fuel, per person.
You are welcome to stay aboard for up to an additional week either before or after we reach our destination.
Excepted sailing time - 7-10 days.

I rarely check here, so please check out her FB page at - https://www.facebook.com/ChineelSailing/

and message the page for further details.

Smoking is allowed onboard, but no alcohol while under sail.

~Captain Jaz~

Old 06-03-2016, 05:23   #2

Re: Fuerteventura - Faro (via Maderia) (No experience required)

Hi, my name is Marco. I'm Italian. It's very interesting.When do you leave?. sorry but i don't like facebook. but if you want write me: pallinatigre@libero.it.

Curriculum vitae skipper
Bà Marco
Via Italia, 2
25050 Rodengo Saiano
Brescia, Italy
44 years.
+393474413822
pallinatigre@libero.it.it
TRAINING
2005 : Scuola vela ANS Brescia
2013: patente nautica illimitata
2013: Scuola vela “ Altura” Roma Corso Skipper
2015: Corso ISAF Genova
EXPERIENCE
2006-2016 many transfert in mediterrean sea
The main:
• Roma- Brindisi non stop 800 NM Bavaria 39
• Marseille-Palermo Lagoon 44 non stop NM. 630
• Barcelona-Roma Oceanis 50 NM.430
• Malaga-Cipro Hans 54 NM.1680
2008-2016 : work as skipper for some charter compagnie the main:
43° parallelo, Sport action.
In to the main:
• Caraibi: St. Martin- Anguilla- BVI Lagoon 440 “Celia” VPM Charter NM 400
• Miami-Bhamas Lagoon 45 NM.700
• Mediterrean: tuscany First 47-Lagoon 42-Oceanis 50
• Marsala Malta-Lampedusa Pantelleria-Marsala Dufour 52 NM420
Australia: whitsunday Island NM300 Lagoon 42
Old 07-03-2016, 02:58   #3

Hey Marco, I am leaving between 27th-30th of this month, depending on the weather, as I hear this port is not pleasant to leave during an easterly, but as early as possible, after or on the 27th.
Old 07-03-2016, 05:39   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jaz View Post
Hey guys n gals, I'm looking for crew with or without experience to help me get my junk-rigged schooner, Chineel, back to Europe for some fitting out and supplies. Currently I have one friend joining me, and am looking for 2 more (couples welcome).

We sail at the end of this month! If you intend to fly from the US, I suggest getting a 3 weeks return to Faro, and catching a one-way budget airline from there to the Canaries - cheaper than flying direct or buying two one-way tickets.

There is no autopilot, hence my need for crew. Instruction will be given, and you are welcome to wake me up if you are need help while alone on a night shift -- expect swearing in such a case, but you should take no offence :P

Power generation is currently limited to her well-maintained onboard diesel, which I intend to run for no more than a couple of hours a day, so crew power consumption will be limited to charging phones, mp3 players and ebook readers.

If we have a full compliment of crew (4), shifts will be two 3 hour shifts a day, rotating for all crew, including myself. I will be cooking most of the main meals, but preparation of other meals will be done on a rota basis (menu is planned, and instructions given if required).
The stop in Maderia will be for a day or so, depending on how quickly we make the passage, anchorage there is €25 a day, so about €6 each.
Other costs include - €60 for two weeks provisions, and €30 towards fuel, per person.
You are welcome to stay aboard for up to an additional week either before or after we reach our destination.
Excepted sailing time - 7-10 days.

I rarely check here, so please check out her FB page at - https://www.facebook.com/ChineelSailing/

and message the page for further details.

Smoking is allowed onboard, but no alcohol while under sail.

~Captain Jaz~

Captain
Where do you leave from?
Chmore
Old 07-03-2016, 05:49   #5
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Fuerteventura - Faro (via Maderia) (No experience required)

Just out of curiosity.. are you the new owner.. or owned her for years..??

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' still dance to the beat of the drums.
Old 07-03-2016, 07:05   #6

The canary islands.
Old 07-03-2016, 23:12   #7

Hey people, thanks for the interest. I'm the new owner, and I'm in Fuerteventura. busy working hard to get her ship-shape right now. This week I am replacing most of the running rigging.
That's pretty much the last essential job that needs to be done, although I have a lot of plans for future work, the Canaries are not the cheapest place for most of the things I need.
Old 08-03-2016, 02:16   #8
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Fuerteventura - Faro (via Maderia) (No experience required)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jaz View Post
Hey people, thanks for the interest. I'm the new owner, and I'm in Fuerteventura. busy working hard to get her ship-shape right now. This week I am replacing most of the running rigging.
That's pretty much the last essential job that needs to be done, although I have a lot of plans for future work, the Canaries are not the cheapest place for most of the things I need.
Congratulations on the new boat..
She's a nice looking boat (to me)..
Best wishes for a smooth trip..

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' still dance to the beat of the drums.
Old 08-03-2016, 12:16   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
Congratulations on the new boat..
She's a nice looking boat (to me)..
Best wishes for a smooth trip..
Thanks! Let's hope so! And yes, I'm very happy with her, plus she's big enough that I don't have the feeling I will need to upgrade in future, so this way well be the last ship I buy. I'll be in europe for a 9 months to a year, then off cruising.

Tags
enc