Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-12-2011, 15:03   #1

From Mexico to South Pacific and/or Australia

My girlfriend, Yaz, and I are looking to crew upon a sailing yacht from Puerto Vallarta (or a nearby port) in Mexico to Australia via the South Pacific from January 2012 onwards.

We're currently crewing upon a yacht sailing from Los Angeles and have good offshore sailing experience, including many night hours from watches etc. We're qualified to Competent Crew level but want to learn more sailing and see some amazing countries in the process!

I'm 25 and Yaz is 23, we're both hardworking, fun and very easy to get along with and we can both cook good meals whilst sailing as well as provision competently. Sailing and character references can be provided upon request.

Feel free to get in contact if you, or anyone you know, are looking for crew for part of or all of this route.

Thanks!!

Tom
Old 15-12-2011, 18:37   #2

Send a message via Yahoo to kiwiladysailor Send a message via Skype™ to kiwiladysailor
Re: From Mexico to South Pacific and/or Australia

I have just finished a month sailing with these guys out of LA and I can personally vouch for their experience and great attitudes. They are a great couple with a long standing and stable relationship. They are a modern couple with a great knowledge of the world, both have travelled extensively and they are fun to be with. I would call them highly cooperative , competent and very adaptable.They are certainly wanting and willing to learn more.if anyone needs further reference about this delightful couple please feel free to email me at anytime saskiag@yahoo.com
Old 17-12-2011, 10:28   #3

Thanks Saskia!
Old 17-12-2011, 12:09   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Boat: 1976 Sabre 28-2
Send a message via Yahoo to roverhi

Not sure when the Pacific Puddle Jump is but that would be a bunch of boats going to Tahiti. Latitude 38 magazine out of SF is the organizer. Might try and contact them to see if they have a way to get your name out their for that. Believe Latitude 38 also has a crew section in their mag. which would also be a good place to get your names out.
Old 20-12-2011, 10:13   #5

Thanks roverhi!

I've been recommended that magazine so we'll check that out too along with getting our hands on a VHF because there's a cruisers net each morning we can tune into.

We're in Puerto Vallarta now making some good contacts and we're going to head up to La Cruz marina too for some networking tomorrow.

Hasta luego!

Tom

Tags
Australia, Mexico, south pacific