Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-03-2014, 17:16   #16

Boat: kelly peterson 44
Re: From El Salvador to Chile

Quote:
Originally Posted by atoll View Post
roughly 2300 miles,as the crow flies,though via cocos,galapagos nearer 3000.

looking at $6000 plus air fares food and fuel.

i have an auto pilot for deliveries such as this

would be inclined to go via puerto amistad, equador as galapagos is charging $1000 for a stop there
and why would you go to cocos one you need a permit there is no fuel or water unless you buy it from dive boats I live in costa rica and have been many times to cocos, don't make the mistake that so many others have made unless you know what you are doing

Old 13-03-2014, 17:20   #17

Boat: kelly peterson 44

don't plan on cocos island you need a special permit there is no immigration ,no fuel no water just a ranger station with 27 people you are not even allow ashore. I live in costa rica and have been many times to the island to dive

Old 13-03-2014, 18:13   #18
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 63 custom alloy sloop,macwester26,prout snowgoose 37 elite catamaran!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpatter894 View Post
don't plan on cocos island you need a special permit there is no immigration ,no fuel no water just a ranger station with 27 people you are not even allow ashore. I live in costa rica and have been many times to the island to dive
that was the route the owner suggested,i however would probably head into the gulf of panama with the north easterlies as far south as i could,then head down the ecuador coast untill i hit the south easterlies as far as puerto amistad or points south.

then motorsail the last 1000 miles ducking in on the coast on the way south.

heading offshore around the high would add another 1200+ miles to the trip
Old 15-03-2014, 09:24   #19

Send a message via Yahoo to bvimatelot Send a message via Skype™ to bvimatelot

I've done 3 transatlantics 2 handed without autopilot. Its a bit tiring but I got into the habit of heaving to for the evening meal and we manage pretty well with balancing the sails. Apart from the tourism aspects a bit further South, I'd be inclined to virtually do a straight shot....then on to the next delivery!! Tony
Old 29-04-2014, 14:02   #20

Boat: mikado 56
Send a message via Skype™ to zeglarz

We are experienced, both licensed yacht skippers, my work partner had experience of 15 years on the sea ; as chef engineer, mechanic, captain, deck hand, has been on the water since he was 17, working on tug boats, tankers, cruise ships and sailing yachts from the Pacific to the North Sea.
Im also licensed captain, have experience (6 years ) as a captain and chef cook on charter yachts in the Pacific and Caribbean waters.
My work partner speaks English and Spanish, I speak English, Polish and have basic knowledge of Russian and Spanish. (Passports and nationalities; American , Polish and Panamanian)
We are located in Panama, on my sailboat ( 56 foot Mikado), and normally we run it as a charter boat, but since is the beginning of low season here, we are looking for work.
We are ready to hire for boat delivery, we both can do the job for the price of one, but with total coverage of our costs ( flights ) from /to Panama (Central America)
Old 21-05-2014, 09:41   #21

Boat: 1973 Islander 36

hey I know your boat, im moored a few boats from you...Im from el salvador...us citizen, currently fixing up my islander 36...did you find crew yet or delivery captain?

cheers

Tags
Chile