Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-11-2011, 12:38   #1

Send a message via Skype™ to Kristie
From Central America

Hello all!
My name is Kristie and I am looking for sailing experience. I am 22 years old and currently traveling in Central Amerika, trying to learn spanish.
I'm looking to gain sailingexperience and to join a sailboat as unpaid crew / shared vessel-costs. I'm used to boats, but only a little sailing. I would love to learn more and am ready to work hard and to help out.

I am a positive person, non-smoker and get along with mostly all people. I speak Norwegian, English, Swedish, a little Danish (at least I understand it), and are currently learning Spanish. I travel with my backpack, so not much luggage. I'm a padi Rescue Diver and have a EFR (emergency first responder) course.
I can join earliest from the end of november or beginning of december 2011, preferrably from Beliz or Guatemala, but I can be flexible on port of departure. I am going to travel to the east cost of Belize, Guatemala and downwards, depending on if I find a sailboat to join.
Would be really fun to join as a crewmember! =)
Thanks for reading this,
Kristie

Born Free
Old 07-11-2011, 17:31   #2

Boat: Morgan 382
Re: From Central America

Kristie, when you're in Guatemala, go to the Rio Dulce area. With the end of the hurricane season, there will be lots of boats departing the river going in all directions. You might be able to pick up a ride there. Visit Bruno's and post a notice on their bulletin board. I'm in Bocas del toro, Panama and planning on heading to Cartagena later this month and was looking for crew until last week when I got one for this trip. Good luck

Bill
Old 12-11-2011, 15:13   #3

Boat: Kettenburg 1977 32 ft.

Kristie, I will be returning to British Columbia this summer starting about June 1, 2012. From there perhaps as far North as Alaska? Then turning around and down the coast to San Diago for the ha-ha and into the Sea of Cortez. If you would like to consider this or a portion of the trip PM me. 1Sunseeker
Old 12-11-2011, 17:56   #4

Boat: endeavour 40

Hellow
I am looking for a crew on my endeavour 40, departure mid january, flexible on date and destination, i am going to be alone onboard and doesn't want to make any sailing single handed, i am 52, retired and just want to sail away, i have a preference for belize and guatemala . E mail me if you are intetrrested Hugues1811@hotmail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristie View Post
Hello all!
My name is Kristie and I am looking for sailing experience. I am 22 years old and currently traveling in Central Amerika, trying to learn spanish.
I'm looking to gain sailingexperience and to join a sailboat as unpaid crew / shared vessel-costs. I'm used to boats, but only a little sailing. I would love to learn more and am ready to work hard and to help out.
I am a positive person, non-smoker and get along with mostly all people. I speak Norwegian, English, Swedish, a little Danish (at least I understand it), and are currently learning Spanish. I travel with my backpack, so not much luggage. I'm a padi Rescue Diver and have a EFR (emergency first responder) course.
I can join earliest from the end of november or beginning of december 2011, preferrably from Beliz or Guatemala, but I can be flexible on port of departure. I am going to travel to the east cost of Belize, Guatemala and downwards, depending on if I find a sailboat to join.
Would be really fun to join as a crewmember! =)
Thanks for reading this,
Kristie
Old 16-01-2012, 18:27   #5

Hi Christie, I'm currently in Mazatlan and planning to sail the West Coast of Mexico and then up into the Sea of Cortez before taking the boat up the coast to California in May or June. Have you sailed Mexico? The Sea of Cortez is awesome. If you'd like to join me I could get you up to Mazatlan and we can decide where to cruise from here. Check out my Crew Wanted ad and if you have some interest, kindly get back to me. Cheers from Mexico, Dick

Tags
Central America