Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-07-2015, 12:35   #1

Free trip to Charleston SC from Puerto Rico

Crew member needed to keep watch on the way to beautiful Charleston S.C. aboard a 33 foot steel hull sailboat.
Sailing experience a must.
Old 19-07-2015, 21:11   #2

Boat: OPB while I search for mine
Re: Free trip to Charleston SC from Puerto Rico

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucktown View Post
Crew member needed to keep watch on the way to beautiful Charleston S.C. aboard a 33 foot steel hull sailboat.
Sailing experience a must.
Hi Chucktown,

Any idea when you're looking to depart? I might be interested and available, but it would depend on the timing. You'll also likely get a bit better response here if you provide a little bit more information - what sort of boat and what condition is she in, how many other crew members (if any), etc?

Happy sailing!

Darren
Old 20-07-2015, 06:17   #3

Boat: Jeanneau 44i SO

I would like to do this as well, but like dsdphoto it would depend on the timing. When do you plan to do this trip? Any more information you can share about the boat? Condition, age, engine, sails, other crew, etc.

Please provide this information and if I am able to make it work, will send qualifications in a PM (private message)
Old 20-07-2015, 08:47   #4

How long will the trip take and can you tell us more about expenses? A straight trip or stops along the way?
Old 21-07-2015, 07:16   #5

Boat: Hanse 415

I am interested as well. Details would be good. I am semi-experienced skipper in the SF and Boston areas. Can pay my own way on expenses side. I am free in mid November on.
Old 21-07-2015, 07:48   #6

Boat: Pearson 424 Ketch

Aloha Chucktown: I'm interested in this voyage. Been sailing for 35 years: SC to Bermuda; Caribe; Belize; Panama; Hawai'i. Presently keep our 424 ketch on O'ahu and live in Atlanta. My time is my own, so scheduling is no problem. Timing? Boat specifics?
Old 21-07-2015, 09:13   #7

Boat: Cal39 MrkIII, 1982

It would be of use to share a summary of the skippers sailing experience, particularly off-shore sailing history. The description of the boat, as mentioned by several respondents, is minimal. Boat design, year of production, age of current standing rigging, condition of running rigging, age/condition of sailing inventory, engine type and hours, safety equipment on board, communication equipment would be useful information for potential crew or delivery skippers to know. Looking for experienced crew should be a two way commitment in honestly sharing experience levels to help insure a successful matching of expectations.

As an aside, IMO, an abundance of enthusiasm is not enough to compensate for a lack of sailing experience, particularly on a small sailboat making an off-shore passage.with minimal crew. Selecting experienced sailors has the best chance for resulting in both a successful and pleasant experience for all. Good luck and good sailing.
Old 21-07-2015, 13:12   #8

Boat: Catalina 34 / Cheoy Lee Offshore

Re: Neophytecruiser: 'Ditto' Maybe add-- last haul out, survey, bottom/ epoxy job, thru hulls or rudder stock/ cables inspection, AIS, radar, autopilot, life raft aboard ? Cheers, Pappy
Old 28-07-2015, 10:45   #9

I'm in South Caicos right now and will be in the DR within two weeks. (And I'm from Charleston!) I've got a lot of racing experience and cruising experience. If you can share some more details about your background and plans I might be interested in joining you for the ride.

Tags
Puerto Rico