Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 21:37   #1

FREE manpower for you! I just need experience on sailboats, will work for FREE

Hello, my name is Rod and I am a financial analyst working in Fort Lauderdale. I know that hiring crew members is expensive, and I know that learning to sail is expensive..so you give me experience, and I will work for you for FREE. I will drive anywhere in South Florida and work how many hours you want to gain such experience. I am only available during the weekends though. Text me anytime: 832-341-9657 or email me to rvisbalcarbo at gmail dot com

Thank you
Old 02-07-2013, 09:35   #2

Boat: Skookum 53'
Re: FREE manpower for you! I just need experience on sailboats, will work for FREE

Welcome to the forum Rod.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:12   #3
Marine Service Provider

Re: FREE manpower for you! I just need experience on sailboats, will work for FREE

Shoot me an email... I'm always looking for crew for short deliveries to the Bahamas and back... Due to my work schedule I try to leave Friday afternoons, and be back on Sundays...
Old 10-07-2013, 10:49   #4

Boat: Norm Cross 28 Tri, Hobie Miracle 20, Hobie trifoiler, Condor-40

Rod, Would you have any interest in a longer commitment. I am bringing my Condor-40 tri from MA to FLA beginning in September and looking for crew for some parts all all the way. Chris L
Old 19-10-2013, 17:47   #5

Boat: 1975 Gulfstar M53

Rod...I base out of Tampa with a Gulfstar 53ft Ketch. I am looking for crew interested in weekend opportunities between now and April to help me put more time on the logbook. Mostly day-sailing (SAT-SUN) but some overnights are possible. If interested - PM me and we can talk. Next planned sail is 27 OCT and 2-3 NOV.

Steve
Old 21-10-2013, 20:52   #6

Hi everybody, sorry for not answering right back, but I did not know that yall had replied my post. My email sent the notifications to junk mail and I am just looking at them now.

Steve- I am really interested. I dont think I would mind the drive to Tampa. At what time do you usually go out? I would drive up there early Saturday morning to make it on time.

Chris L- Thank you! Unfortunately, the mergers and acquisition world keeps me busy. Finance world has crazy hours and I work full time. Hit me up whenever youre in town though.

FLLCatsailor-I would love to! I dont have normal working hours though. Some Fridays I dont leave the office until 9pm. Let me know if you have any Sat or Sunday trips.

Captain58sailin- Thanks for accepting my request to join!

Thank you guys!
Old 22-10-2013, 01:43   #7

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Bestevaer.

Welcome to the forum.
What you are suggesting is the very best way to get experience.

It is also worth considering volunteering to help on jobs around the boat. Things like engine service, electrical installations etc. This is also great way to learn skills that will be needed if you want to own your own boat.
Old 22-10-2013, 08:03   #8

Boat: 1975 Gulfstar M53

Rod,

Sent you a PM and Email - talk with you soon.

Steve