Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-07-2012, 11:33   #1
Marine Service Provider

FREE DELIVERY!!!! Professional Captain Needs Days at Sea to Renew License.

Here is my situation. Several years ago I had to return home to help with the family business, which was recently sold. I can now return to sea but I need current days at sea to renew my license. I want to get these days as fast as possible and I’m willing to work for free to do so.

Professional Background and Experience.
I lived on a boat growing up and have been a professional skipper for 35 years and a licensed master since 1985. I have operated both motor yachts and sailboats of all sizes in and across the Pacific, Caribbean, Atlantic and Mediterranean. I have been an engineer as well as a Project Manager overseeing major repairs, total refits and commissioning of new yachts. I have bought, refurbished, imported and sold “spec” boats from the Mediterranean, Florida, Caribbean and California. These are just a few of the things I have done during a lifetime of living and working on the water.

I can assure you I am a well-qualified and contentious professional that can deliver your boat in a safe and timely manner. I will consider anything that is mutually beneficial but I would be especially interested in longer voyages with a lot of days underway such as ocean crossings and cost to cost deliveries.

I will provide my time free of charge and I have competent crew that has volunteered to assist me as required. I would expect all provisions, travel and boat expenses to be paid by the owner.

If I can be of service, please send me your contact information along with some information about the boat, destination, schedule, etc. Let me know if the boat is ready to go or if you will need assistance with anything prior to departure. I can arrive in advance and attend to such matters, as needed, for a modest fee.

Thank you for your consideration and I look forward to being a resource upon which you can rely.

Bradley Elder
brad-AT-bradleyelder-DOT-com
Old 21-07-2012, 00:45   #2

Re: FREE DELIVERY!!!! Professional Captain needs days at sea to renew license.

Hi Brad,

I have a 37' Pearson Cutter in St. Pete Marina that I want to finish refitting and move to the west coast or Honolulu ASAP. I identify with your story....I'm a retired USAF pilot battling the FAA over a heart ECG issue, so am forced to retire earlier than expected. I had planned to prepare myself and my boat for the trip through the Panama Canal over the next year but now am looking at a collapsing timeline. Let me know if you are interested in helping me move the boat ASAP....she's a sweet boat with an 800 hr Perkins 40 hp diesel with new V-drive and rebuild, 100 gal H2O and 50 gal diesel, good sails including a sunbrella foresaill....cutter rig in good shape but supporting systems need help: hot water heater, bilge blower, solar panels, and water pump need replacement....
Old 21-07-2012, 15:46   #3
Marine Service Provider

Skydad:
Thanks for your reply. I’m very interested in your trip as this would get me most of the days I need. I'll send you a message with my contact information and we can follow up.
Thanks again.
Old 26-07-2012, 00:35   #4

I'm looking for a delivery skipper to take my boat from the Med to Caribbean this fall. Let me know if you are interested and could also provide the crew.

I'll email you with more info and you can send me yours if you are interested.
Old 27-07-2012, 23:30   #5
Marine Service Provider

Re: FREE DELIVERY!!!! Professional Captain Needs Days at Sea to Renew License.

Jeff:

I received your email and replied with the information you asked for. Check your email and get back to me.

Thanks.

Bradley
Old 30-07-2012, 02:56   #6

Boat: Irwin 38

Hi Bradley,
not sure of your timing, I have an Irwin 38 in Puerto Vallarta and will be sailing to Australia approx Jan 2013. If you're interested, drop me an email ourdoug@gmail.com
Doug Thompson
Old 30-07-2012, 10:35   #7
Marine Service Provider

That would work well for me and it's a good time to make the "milk run". I'll email you with my particulars.

Thanks for the opportunity.

Bradley
Old 30-07-2012, 11:28   #8

Wife and I are at Isla Mujeres, Mx. Heading for Rio Dulce, Gutamala. Open schedule. Tomorrow, next day, next week. 36' Islander sailboat. If interested let us know.
Capt. Jack There is a Catamaran would loke to travel with us. I told them I'd need a 3 day head start.
Old 30-07-2012, 13:01   #9
Marine Service Provider

Thanks for the post. I have a delivery from Florida to Nassau next week and then a potential from Florida to California after that. Both of these are in the confirmation stage. If the former is not confirmed this week I would be available now or if the latter does not materialize I could be there in about 3 weeks +/-. I'll send you a PM and see if any of this will work for you.

Thanks again for your consideration and I look forward to see if I can be of service.

Bradley.
Old 30-07-2012, 22:05   #10

Boat: Jon Sayer 1-off 46 ft fract rig sloop strip plank in W Red Cedar

G'Day Bradley,

I have no need for your services, but wanted to commend you on your approach to solving your licensing issues... generous but businesslike, and with some common sense thrown in to boot.

Well done, and good luck with the voyaging.

Cheers,

Jim
Old 01-08-2012, 16:30   #11
Marine Service Provider

Jim:

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement.

I am happy to report that I have been warmly received and already have several deliveries in the works that will get me twice the time I need to renew my license.

I'm having a hard time keeping up with the inquiries but I'm sure that will change once I start charging something again.

I may have a delivery to your neck of the woods in January so I might call on you for a little local knowledge if that's ok. In the meantime, thanks again and happy sailing!!!!

Bradley
Old 02-08-2012, 10:04   #12
Marine Service Provider

Send a message via Skype™ to SS Little-Devil

I'm rigged and ready to go in Marina del Rey with a Cal 34 and want to take it from here to Vancouver in August. If interested, please get back to me.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:58   #13

Boat: Bruce Roberts Steel Offshore 44

Brad,

I bought a 44 foot steel Bruce Roberts Cutter that needs to be moved from the Bay Area to Nicaragua. Departure time would be late October. Let me know if you are interested.

Thanks.

Mike
Old 02-08-2012, 12:15   #14
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkjhartmann View Post
Brad,

I bought a 44 foot steel Bruce Roberts Cutter that needs to be moved from the Bay Area to Nicaragua. Departure time would be late October. Let me know if you are interested.

Thanks.

Mike
I might be able to swing that. I have a Florida to Santa Cruz that would put me in the Bay Area around that time frame. I'll have a confirmation on that delivery around the 15th.

I'll send you a PM and we can coordinate a bit more.

Thanks for the opportunity!

Bradley
Old 02-08-2012, 12:30   #15
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Little-Devil View Post
I'm rigged and ready to go in Marina del Rey with a Cal 34 and want to take it from here to Vancouver in August. If interested, please get back to me.
I'm waiting for a confirmation on a delivery that would book August and September. I'll know around the 15th. If that doesn't happen I could do it. If you need to go now I might be a Plan B. I'll send you a PM with some specifics and figure it out.

I lived on a Cal-34 for several years so I'd be right at home so to speak!

Thanks for getting in-touch.

Bradley

Tags
captain, delivery, license