Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-08-2014, 08:44   #1

For Sail from Harbor Island Bahamas to Florida

Last minute post due to the developing tropical depression off the Bahamas. I'm trying to make the sail from Harbor Island, Bahamas to Florida leaving Tuesday or Wednesday (Aug 26th/27th) this week and getting into Fort Lauderdale or Fort Pierce by Saturday or Sunday.

Original crew opted not to make the trip because of uncertain weather for the period, but if weather clears I would still like to try.

I am not a Licensed Captain and have not done the sail before, so ideally this would be an experienced sailor familiar with the waters and with an adventurous streak. This boat has been stranded in Harbor Island since my friends tragic death in a diving accident out there earlier this month, and I am trying to make the sail in his memory. The boat is a 1979 O'Day 30 in good shape.

If you are interested in this little adventure or know anyone that might be, hit me up.

- Ben
Old 24-08-2014, 09:37   #2
RTB

Boat: Hunter 36
Re: For Sail from Harbor Island Bahamas to Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennybones View Post

Original crew opted not to make the trip because of uncertain weather for the period, but if weather clears I would still like to try.
I'd say your crew is pretty smart. You really should wait a week or so. The Atlantic will take some time to settle down. What's the rush? last week you could have done this trip with seas of 2'.....

You are talking Harbor Island, Eleuthera, right?

Ralph

Tags
Bahamas, florida, sail