Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-12-2015, 09:08   #1

Florida to USVI

I am looking for crew to make the passage to USVI. I will be taking Route 66 which is approximately 10 days on the open ocean.
You will be aboard a Hood 38 MK2 built by Wauquiez. A very solid blue water sailboat.

I am a fit 45 year old male with a lifetime on the water.
I currently have one other very capable 23 year old male traveling with me and would like one more to make watches easier on each of us.

Any gender is fine

Experience is great but not necessary.

I am currently in Vero beach Florida and will probably leave here and go to the Bahamas to wait for the preffered weather window/conditions.

Once at USVI I will be doing some casual cruising of the Caribbean so certainly the righ person could stay aboard.

You would be responsible for your own transportation to and from the boat.
You would also share food expense for shared meals.
I will support my vessels requirements.

If you are truly interested and ready to go you can phone me anytime at 919 457-2494 with any questions you have?

I would like to leave within two weeks weather permitting.
Old 01-01-2016, 09:14   #2

Re: Florida to USVI

So the first leg to the USVI is more of a straight shot without too much stopping along the way?

Once in the USVI where do you plan on going and how often do you plan on moving?

Can you tell us a little bit more about your typical day to day?

Thanks!
Old 01-01-2016, 10:52   #3

Boat: 19' Lightning

Any chance you'll need crew for the trip from the Bahamas to the Virgins? When do you think that will be? I need something to occupy me in late Jan, Feb.
Old 01-01-2016, 15:01   #4

Boat: Mistral 21

Hey there LazyPirate,
I am very very interested in your adventure. I am a francophone from Montreal, Canada and i will be happy to meet you anywhere.
I will send you a PM shortly to explain a bit better who I am.
Looking forward to speaking with you.

Sent from my XT1032 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Old 02-01-2016, 13:04   #5

Hi I'm Rosanne. I would like to sail with you. I have my own race boat a Tanzer22 and have been looking for an opportunity to get some open water experience.
Old 06-01-2016, 19:48   #6

Looks like I will be leaving lake worth inlet near the 15th of Jan on an designed for a safe Gulf Stream crossing. This will put us on the Bahamas Bank at first light. We will enter the Bahamas bank north of grand Bahamas island and make for Green Turtle Cay. We'll clear customs there and basically wait for the correct weather pattern (I'm sure all the fishing and diving while waiting will make for an easy layover) to take off due east for Route 66. This will be a nine or ten day crossing to the USVI.

There are currently three people, myself and two others on board and I would be willing to accept one more person. This will keep the rotating night watches to 3 hours with a someone always able to get a full night rest. This will make for a well rested crew.
If you are interested contact me right away. 919 457-2494
Old 09-01-2016, 15:03   #7

Hi, LazyPirate! You may have filled the spot, but I just sent you a PM. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Old 04-02-2016, 11:52   #8

I did the same crossing on a delivery many years ago. Father and son combo ready to leave any time. Can share expenses. Just sold a business and have till April to sail.
Old 05-02-2016, 06:42   #9

Hello,

If you are looking for any added hands for USVI and the immediate vicinity do let me know.

- I am currently in St. Croix and have pre-paid accommodations in St. Thomas from Feb 9 - 23. It is my interest to see more of the islands by boat / photograph local regattas and do travel writing.

- I am a San Francisco marketing and PR person/writer/photographer with an interest to remain in the area for 1 to 2 more months then head back to San Francisco

- Back home in San Francisco I race (main and headsail positions) in Bay and some ocean events.

- Non-smoker, non-drinker, athletic, quiet. renegadesailing.com

Do email if you see any synergies. Thank you.

Tags
florida