Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-06-2012, 17:12   #1

Boat: Cal-Jensen 34 w Yanmar 3
Send a message via Skype™ to sonAdmiralson
Florida to Nassau and on

Hello, my fiance and I are taking delivery of my very seaworthy 33 yawl next month some time. I need a reasonably well experienced sailor and fisherman to help on board for a few weeks until we get our sea legs and I finish intallation of various electical systems on board. The boat is air conditioned and I need to install a windgen and solar panel, video DVD sound system, freezer, 24V batteries, all of which are on board, including snokeling and fishing equipment. so I will be too busy to keep watch on deck. I have the knowhow and have sailed since I was 8. I am a good freediver and we will be visiting the bahama islands and fishing every day. The boat is ready to go on near Panama City Florida. I will be taking delivery in Nassau. I need crew to help the sail from Florida and on the other side while I work. The boat has a brand new Yanmar diesel. You would be welcome to sail with us for a flexible period of time since I will need help. The boat is a swing keel or centerboard boat and we will be navigating lagoons and shallow water for pleasure. I would like to have someone on board who has an eye for the carribean water and who can hit the beach, not the coral. After a few weeks in the Bahamas we will continue into the BVI to also take delivery of my 30 foot speedboat. This is not a paid position but a delivery captain will be paid and inquiries or referrals are welcome. I am aiming for three weeks or so from now. I am ASA keelboat certified and have yacht raced my whole life and also raced cars and speedboats. This is going to be a relaxed trip with no agenda really.
Old 20-06-2012, 07:16   #2
Marine Service Provider

Re: Florida to Nassau and on

John, I got your voice-mail while enroute home from my cat delivery. I was unable to reach you at the number in my caller id to return your call . I'm back in St. Aug. , so feel free to call back, Scott
Old 20-06-2012, 11:54   #3

I'm interested please contact me williamfb-at-aol-dot-com Thanks
Old 21-06-2012, 12:44   #4

John,

Two crew here available. A young couple, One of us bareboat certified with experience in FL keys. Hardworking and available in FL in two weeks. Do let us know if interested in this crew.

Best,

Kunal and Josefa
-838-6023
Kgulati1981 at yahoo dot com
Old 23-06-2012, 00:19   #5

hey i could join to help and bring my fiance if you need an extra hand im 24 and doont have sailing experience but im very handy i just restored my 23 bayliner from nothing but a rotten hull to seaworthy and have been on it every week fishing since for about 4 months.
im not experienced in the sailing but i can learn fast and am far from lazy thanks lemme know

Matt
Old 25-06-2012, 03:50   #6
Marine Service Provider

Hope your boat is no longer in Port St. Joe. Debbie will be there on Friday. She will be a hurricane by then.
Old 02-07-2012, 15:38   #7

Hi, I could join. Looking to go to Panama. I have over 12 years experience, and would love to help. Let me know
Old 05-07-2012, 22:28   #8

Send a message via Skype™ to jasonk

Hi there, your trip is exactly what I'm looking for- serious sea time with experienced sailors. I may not fit the bill, but I thought I'd post anyway. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. I have ASA certifications 101 through 105, and I might also have level 106 by the time you're ready to leave. I wrote and passed the USCG OUPV Captain's license exams and I took the STCW '95 course. I also have my open water PADI certification.

I am a formally trained Chef and Sommelier by trade. I'm conversational in Spanish and French. The way I see it, is that I may not have the sea time that you're looking for, but I know my way around a boat, I'm also very safety conscious, and I learn fast.

I would love to be a part of the team. It would be a life-changing experience for me. I mention this specifically because, if chosen, I would definitely want to be a part of the entire trip.

Sincerely,
Jason
Toronto, Canada

Tags
florida, nassau