Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-10-2011, 07:45   #1

Boat: endeavour 40
Florida to ?

Hello, my boat is in fort lauderdale and ready to sail. destination ? probably central america or anywhere the wind blow. I'm 52, easy to get along with, I love sailing, fishing, diving. The boat, 40Ft endeavour. I would enjoy hearing from anyone interested in a crew position.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:11   #2

Re: Florida to ?????

Hello! My boyfriend and I live in Key West. We are seeking a crew position for the winter, (willing to share costs of food and fuel). We have lots of experience on the water but not as much sailing experience. He is a dive master instructor and he also holds a 50 ton captains license (which we realize is pretty useless in other countries.) We are hard-working and ready to master the art of sailing. Please email me @ kimba645 at aol.com. I look forward to hearing from you!
Old 10-10-2011, 08:23   #3

Boat: Rhodes 32
Re: Florida to ?????

There's another Lauderdalian looking to crew on a boat maybe like yours:
http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...-fl-69385.html

Fun to see other cruisers in Lauderdale on here (and it's okay to see Keysians around too).
Old 19-10-2011, 10:16   #4

Send a message via Skype™ to ChrisOcean
Re: Florida to ?

Hi Im Christian, leaving Ft Laudedale in about 10 days to get a ride. Im all for adventure, Im good to go for a few weeks and learn all the stuff I can. Im also a dive instructor...

Contact me if needed
Old 01-11-2011, 09:47   #5

Hello and thanks for posting your request. I've bicycled to the Florida Keys from Massachusetts and I'm looking for my first sailing voyage to bring me to Central or South America. I am receptive to stops along the way (e.g., Caribbean Islands), but want to eventually get to a continent to continue my bicycle tour. See my journal of the tour so far at http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/tomo

Ideally, I would like to go to the Yucatan of Mexico, but I am open to other destinations in Central and South.
Old 01-11-2011, 14:32   #6

Hello,

My boyfriend and I are currently in Fort Lauderdale looking for sailing opportunities. We are a couple in our mid 30’s seeking to volunteer on an open water passage. We currently own a 26 ft sailboat in Vancouver, BC and are looking to gain more experience before purchasing a larger boat. We are both professionals taking a mini retirement to follow this dream.

We are extremely easy to get along with and have 12 years of coastal cruising experience. We are both native English speakers and I also speak French and Spanish. We have recently taken a safety at sea course and my boyfriend has taken coastal navigation and diesel mechanics courses.

Looking forward to hearing from you

rnevile@hotmail.com
Old 03-11-2011, 05:58   #7

Hello

Are ou crusing in the BAhamas, end of November? I will be at George town (Exumas) and looking for sailing from November 29 to December 10, maybe longer.
I have to come back home in December and free from January to April.

Richard
Old 03-11-2011, 13:31   #8

Hey,

I'm in Florida looking to crew a boat going anywhere! I have 8 years experience teaching sailing and racing. I am 23 and have an open ended schedule.

Aaron
Old 03-11-2011, 14:30   #9

I'm interested in helping you if you're coming to Central America.
I'm currently in Guatemala and have no time constraints.
I have experience and an easy going attitude.
Wanting to float anywhere south. Willing to bust butt and can fix anything on the boat within reason.
I'm 38 and a United States born citizen.
Just living here waiting out the hurricane season.
If you give me a chance I won't let you down.
Talk to you soon.
Old 06-12-2011, 16:29   #10

Boat: In between boat ownership

Very interested in sailing the region with you. I'm a young 63 year old architect, developer chemical company owner. I'm ASA 104 certified and would like to have more sailing time before pursuing long term ocean sailing in a Morgan 45 from San Diego. I've owned a Catalina 37 and a Columbia 27 and mostly sailed on the Chesapeake in mud flats and tidal bottom. I grew up in South and Central America in a military family and have lived and worked in Europe, west Africa and Southeast asia. I have four grown kids and a loving wife who knows that I want to sail. I'm available for 3 to 6 months or so:-)

Let me know,
Kim

Ph: 602-315-8368
Old 07-12-2011, 18:49   #11

Hi There Hughes,
My name is Malaika I just arrived in Ft Lauderdale and I am up for the Caribbean after an adventure and a half in South and North America for the past 8 months. I was born in Canada but have been living Down Unda in Australia for the past 25 years. Family grew up and I am foot loose and fancy free. I worked in the Caribbean on a ship as a Scuba instructor many moons ago and my roots are from Jamaica and I have always longed to go back and spend more time in the Caribbean in a cruisy, no agenda fashion.I have also worked as a cook on a whale watching catamaran and I am a quick learner, fit and into healthy organic living 100% non smoking and hope you are too! I am ready to go now and I am in Ft Lauderdale. Call me if you are interested and maybe we can meet up to chat. 3477810594 malaika.darville@gmail.com
ONE LOVE Malaika
Old 26-12-2011, 18:03   #12

Re: Florida to ? - Andy Welch

Hi

How has your trip been to date?

Married with three children and 2 grandsons, I am 57 and still working but am trying to ease my way out of the rat race. I've booked off work for February, unpaid, and am looking for an opportunity to sail and share expenses. I've owned two keel boats, the latest a Bayfield 25 with my brother, we sail on Lake Ontario in any weather. I don't have any blue water experience.

I love Latin America and commend to you the ports of Varidaro and Havana Cuba, also Bocas del Toro in Panama and Tampico in Mexico. I've studied up my Spanish and practice whenever I can. You'll find I'm handy on a boat. I pulled out and and re-installed our auxiliary diesel for a rebuild. While it was out I fitted it with an alternator and wired it into the boat so we don't need shore power any more. We also fitted an auto-tiller, do you have one?

I like to cook and I don't smoke or take drugs. The way I have fun on a trip is to look for the good in everyone I meet. People everywhere are open and curious about us if I can just slow down and appreciate them. Women can be a challenge if they see you as a 'sugar daddy' so I try to keep things correct (I just returned from a week cycling in Cuba with my brother).

Please let me know if I might fit into your plans. I can certainly cover expenses and can meet you in any port you choose.

Andy Welch
Streetsville, Canada

Hello, my boat is in fort lauderdale and ready to sail. destination ? probably central america or anywhere the wind blow. I'm 52, easy to get along with, I love sailing, fishing, diving. The boat, 40Ft endeavour. I would enjoy hearing from anyone interested in a crew position.[/QUOTE]
Old 28-12-2011, 11:24   #13

Send a message via Skype™ to gypsykate

Hi - I am looking for a crew position in the new year. I am currently in La Paz, Mexico boat sitting but can leave anytime. If you are still looking we can discuss things in more detail.
Cathy

Tags
florida