Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-11-2013, 19:23   #1

Send a message via Skype™ to Anatoly IVANOV
Film director and photographer with sailing experience ready to help

Hi,

(excellent forums: I've been in read-only mode for several years here, first post)

I'm a French / Russian film director, motion / still photographer, art director, web / graphic designer, writer and journalist based in Paris (France) and Geneva (Switzerland), living a flexible schedule, so I can fly basically anytime, anywhere. No visa required for most countries.

I like fast, shorthanded sailing on mono and multihulls with a preference for catamarans. I guess around 4 years of cumulative ocean and land-locked experience since childhood ranging from trapezing the Formula 16 class to months-long cruising in various weather. No certification though, as there aren't any required in France .

Working around the world since 1997. In addition to sailing, I'm also a runner, cyclist, climber, backpacker. Deep techno aficionado.
  • calm under stress (a lot of stress, including extended experience in life-threatening situations)
  • used to complete self-reliance (solo shoots in the mountains) and team work (film crews), in tiny spaces (I live and work in a 13 sq m flat)
  • no seasickness
  • no smoking
  • rigging customization
  • on-board systems maintenance and repair
  • extensive climbing experience (ie: always ready to go up the mast)
  • no snoring
  • no kids
  • 3 languages (trilingual English, French, Russian)
  • I like to cook (no gluten, no milk)
  • I'm always glad to share any of my 17 years of experience in film, photography and design
  • I like being one-on-one with nature, regardless of its mood and weather
  • I'm a citizen of our tiny planet, having lived in many places -- movement is my element
  • I'm a minimalist, and what can be more minimal than speeding just by the power of wind, through water and sky rejoining in a straight line?
  • I like to tinker and optimize and invent -- I get stuff done, even the unglamorous, menial tasks (that's the secret to finishing feature films)

If you're looking for creative, reliable crew around Europe, North Atlantic or even Oceania, please drop me a line.

Thank you.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:10   #2

Boat: 64' Catamaran Schooner
Re: Film director and photographer with sailing experience ready to help

Hi Anatoly,
Are you interested in crewing/filmaking from cancun, mexico to Fortaleza, Brazil, then on to the Amazon (Peruvian border area) and back to Cancun? If so, email me your contact info. sutherland_derek@yahoo.com and also your qualifications as a filmaker.
Cheers,
Derek

Tags
enc, photo, sail, sailing