Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-05-2012, 14:59   #1

Boat: Stuart Matangi 36ft
Talking FIJI, MICRONESIA, INDO and beyond!

Cruise Fiji, Micronesia and Indonesia with the "Epic Boat Mish Boys" from June 2012 to December 2013. Anyone welcome. You don't have to be a sailor. We'll teach you! 36ft Stuart Matangi Yacht. Join us sailing, exploring, fishing and surfing our way through the Pacific. Shared expenses. Come jump on!
Old 21-05-2012, 21:22   #2
cruiser

Re: FIJI, MICRONESIA, INDO and beyond!

hey,

I'm definately interested and I'm currently in south Wairapa on the North Island of NZ. I'm 24 year old german guy from Hamburg with no sailing-experience, but of course I'm keen to learn!

I just have a few questions..
1. When would u leave NZ? Like in the beginning/middle/end of June?

2. From where would you depart? Auckland/Whangarei

3. How much would it cost roundabout from NZ to Fiji?

thx and regards..
Old 21-05-2012, 22:25   #3

Hi dear shipmates,
I am from Czech Republic. You know the small country in central Euerope without a sea. In last 2 years I was several times to sail in Adriatic with my friend - skipper and he showed me the beauty of sailing and thought me some basic principles of sailing.This year I decided with my girlfriend Alena to gain a skipper license for recreational sailing and we did it. So now both of us have a official Certificate of competence yachtmaster issued by Ministery of transport of Czech republic (cathegory C - yachtmaster coastal, which should be on several level as RYA Day Skipper, but there is a limitation for distance from coast). So now we are hard-working to earn enough money to fullfill our dreams. On the beggining of next year(2013) we want to travel out for several months or years (it depends).We would like to join to some experienced skipper to get as much skills and experiences as possible so it is the reason why we are here.
Please can you send us more info about your plan for 2013 and about your idea of costs and shares. Thanks.
F&A
Old 22-05-2012, 00:53   #4

Boat: Stuart Matangi 36ft
Hey guys, I can't private MSG you so perhaps message us. You can do this on our website. Search the "the epic boat mish" on google! Sounds like you have an awesome plan and are in the same mindset as us. Of course we know where the Czech Rep is!
John
Old 30-05-2012, 19:40   #5

My husband and I are young canadians and we are planning to head to Indonesia around June 6th-ish, and we will be making our way along to Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, and beyond. We would be extremely interested in joining you for a sailing adventure. Please let us know more details or if you are interested in having us aboard for a bit. Thanks, Angela. angela.jeriel@gmail.com
Old 07-06-2012, 21:20   #6

HI , my name is chloé i am a 31 years old french travelerswishing to join new caledonia. Are you going to new caledonia? if yes! for what period you are planning this trip? For my part, my project, is to return to France without flying. I wish learn sailing. I had the chance to approach the boats during my childhood, my unclein a possaidais. This gave me the love of the sea. it's time for me to give me the means to learn that. is why I go through it to join the new caledonia or i hope to find a job in my field
proffessionnal. social worker for 8 years. I decided to take time to live my life and my dreams while combining learning on this trip. arrival in new zealand 10 months ago with a working holiday visa I learned
to speak English. I also think that life on a boat will enable me to enrich my vocabulary. nature positive, I like to discuss, fish, play chess. cheerful, I think I can be someone of a pleasant everyday.
I wish to tell you that I am a novice in the field of navigation, but ready to learn. I have already spent a week at sea in
2005 from France (Port Camargue) to Spain (Barcelona). I have sea legs but am not truly familiar with the sea. I feel just
fine with it. I would be very interested in talking with you further. There are some questions I'd like to ask you, and I'm
sure you will have a few questions for me too. I'm looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Old 10-06-2012, 19:42   #7

Hello shipmates, I am very interested in your offer. Having spent 9 months one stint and 6 months the other on larger cruise ships, I am wanting to learn the ropes of manning sailing vessels. I am writing a novel based in historic Samoa. Am hoping to sail the Pacific Islands for some time in 2013. Currently I am in India working in leprosy colonies with my nonprofit organization, Promethean Spark International. Home base is NYC. Can meet up wherever works. Would have to fly in and meet you when you are in a larger port. Do you have any planned schedule or are you just going where the wind blows.
Message me here or at parry zero zero seven at gmail dot com.
Thanx,
Shaun

Tags
Fiji