Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-04-2014, 17:35   #1

Boat: 1983 Morgan 454 45 ft
Female Late May to Aug Caribbean cruise

I have modest experience on my totally refitted 45 Morgan and am looking for a female first mate to sail the Caribbean May through Aug. Volunteer first choice but open to pay based on experience and personality. I have a wife and she is all the woman I need (she is afraid of sharks and tidal waves), however I am looking someone who is fun . Reply if you have any interest?
Old 07-04-2014, 11:08   #2

Re: Female Late May to Aug Caribbean cruise

Ok, 142 hits and no replies, not even a good luck. This is the real deal here. I have an impressive resume starting with 7 children all 4 year college degrees and 2.2 doctorates w/2 MD and 1 almost a DV. I had started and run my own engineering company, took 4th in the Olympic trials in wrestling and took part in every aspect of the refitting of the sailboat. The boats name is Somewhere Out There and she looks amazing with her decaled sails flying in the breeze. Give me a chance to convince you this is going to be the adventure of your lifetime.
Old 08-04-2014, 13:16   #3

Up to 244 hits without a reply. Well what else can I say: 58, funny, intelligent, GREAT looking - lol, lots of stories from world travels and a great sailboat. What more could a woman want, of course, see first post on married . I should at least be worth a question or two before you leave this post. Skipping this thread would be a mistake for me and quite possibly YOU!
Old 08-04-2014, 23:08   #4

Boat: 50' Herreshoff Ketch

Good luck!
Old 09-04-2014, 00:13   #5

This is a tough subject on this board. Many of the past threads on this sort of topic degenerated into ridicule pretty quickly. A lot of people probably looked at this thread, intending to make a crass remark, then sized you up as not deserving the harassment ...hence the large number of views without comment.

I know a woman who runs a "blue water sailing school" in Miami. If you don't get any offers from people who are willing to do it for free, drop me a PM with your contact information & I'll pass it on to her to see if she is interested in taking on a charter job herself or if she can recommend someone else that she has a high opinion of.

Good luck. The good ones are hard to find & often have poor availability.

Jim
Old 09-04-2014, 04:20   #6

Boat: 38/41 Fountains pajot

So you are married but looking for a female to have fun on a boat with for 4 months, you sir have a very "open minded" wife, for that We salute you!
Seven kids wow! Bring lots of uhm "safety gear" just in case

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Old 09-04-2014, 06:01   #7

OK, now we are talking. Let me define fun a little better. Someone that can laugh at mistakes. Who can keep the conversation going without getting judgmental. Someone who can go out and enjoy a festival without getting drunk and being mean or worst yet a sexual predator (yes, I said a predator). I had a five bypass open heart surgery and a stroke 2 years ago and have recovered to a point that I can do this voyage but they left me with migraines and ED. There for I need no "protective gear". I just distain vulgar guys that have to put down women to feel good about themselves. Guys who can't hit the broad side of a barn peeing but continue to think it is alright to pee all over the floor and toilet. Guys who's ideal night is getting drunk and stupid. And so on. That is why, I am looking for a woman to join me. My wife does have reservations but has larger reservations about me going alone. I have responded to a select few guys who seem to share the same goals but would not open a thread to the general public. I don't have anything to prove to anybody other then I can Capt. my boat safely through this voyage. Bring on the snide comments, I will laugh at them. My hope is that I can reach out to that one in a million and share a great adventure with someone who can appreciate it. Good sailing to the rest of the million.
Old 09-04-2014, 07:37   #8

Do you have to sit down to pee?

Since we're doing a pie-in-the-sky crew request, why not just throw in "She must be good at cleaning toilets, heads, and the rest of the boat" and stand up and pee freely!

I'd like to hear more about what you're looking for in your female crew, specifically, do you like to play card games, and should the female be good enough at the games you like to play to put up a good fight before allowing you to win 3 out of 4 games.
Old 09-04-2014, 10:00   #9

Whoa, it is unfair associating what I messaged - in your context 'discriminating to women' - . I do sit down to pee because it is neater except in public bathrooms where there is a urinal or the toilet is covered with pee from the last ten guys missing the toilet.

AS for card games I like blackjack, euchre, hearts and GO FISH! lol And I really don't care who wins.

I don't discriminate against women and have my female employees as references(I started and ran an engineering company for 15 years, my sons run it now).
Old 09-04-2014, 10:32   #10

I was just teasing, but the best place to find women who sail is around boats... you'd probably have better luck at your local yacht club.
Old 09-04-2014, 11:44   #11

Boat: Heritage West Indies 36

Wow, give hi a break guys! I suspect the reason no-body has replied is that the thread title appears as 'Female Late May to Aug Caribbean cruise'. I suspect most people (myself included) took this to mean that a female was looking for a position on a boat at that time and in that place, hence the hits, and hence no actual females looking to crew bothered to open the thread! Good luck mate. All the best. Unfortunately i am not a female interested in crewing on your boat! Have you tried any other websites? Crewfinders Job Placement for Yacht Crew for instance?
Old 15-04-2014, 11:27   #12

Boat: Meridian 40' Sedan

I'm going to reply to this before I talk myself out of it. OK, here's me: I am on my boat (a motor-boater, I am) over in Fort Myers. I stopped here to let the guy that is crewing for me get home to his wife for a couple of weeks. Welllll he got caught up in a project he has started at home and wants to spend the summer there, leaving me here with no place to go. I have no sailing experience but a lifetime of boating experience. I have a good boating and personal reputation. Would love meeting your wife as she sounds like a very special lady and I would feel comfortable letting her know you would have a good helpmate for your adventure. For me this would be a trip of a lifetime and hopefully a forerunner for my boat in the fall. Maybe we should talk.
L.S.
Old 15-04-2014, 12:29   #13

Isearite,
I responded to you via Private Message. Thank you for your reply.
Dan
Old 18-04-2014, 14:34   #14

Where are you sailing out from? And where are you going to go?
Old 18-04-2014, 19:12   #15

Sailing out of Port St. Lucie, sailing to will be decided by my first mate and I watching the weather for safety.

Tags
Caribbean, cruise, rib