Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-08-2012, 12:43   #1

Boat: Marcon Rival 32' MK III
Female First Mate SE Asia

Hi everyone!

My name is Alexandra and i am looking to join a boat traveling @ SE Asia for a brief stint between now and mid to late Sept, and/or longer term possibly in early November or later. Plan to be roaming @ here for much of the next year. Very flexible on where and when, just eager to sail these gorgeous waters.

I used to have 44' Choey Lee that I helped sail from CT to the Bahamas, with a captain and mate. I held watch/navigated offshore, as well as inshore using nav equipment, and worked as part of a 3 man crew, cooking/cleaning/making repairs, etc to bring the boat to its new stomping ground in the Bahamas. I even managed to keep everyone safe and put out the fire after we were struck by lightening. Dealt with all the issues and repairs that involved.

It has been a couple of years but I would love the opportunity to sail again. I am currently in Koh Samui, Thailand and then will be in India from late Sept till @ end of Oct. Besides my time in India, I am completely flexible.

Oh, I forgot to mention.....I am a pretty damn good cook too! ;-) I am a 43 yr old veterinarian, female from the US currently on sabbatical and looking to spend at least a year traversing the globe, hopefully some of it sailing.

Also kind, considerate, patient, smart, funny and fun. Do meditation and yoga. Health conscious but enjoy a good glass of wine or a cold beer at the end of the day too. Very compassionate and good at patiently teaching people things and a quick study if I need to learn. Familiar with menu planning and provisioning , budgeting, etc. (I did all that for my own boat). Easy going and able to get along with everyone, roll with the punches and unavoidable hiccups that come with life aboard.

Thanks for your time! Fair winds and full sails everyone!

Cheers!

Alexandra
Old 25-08-2012, 20:27   #2

Re: Female First Mate SE Asia

Hi Alexandra

send me a PM or call/sms +60176969711 to discuss this. Im in Sandakan, east malaysia on a 42' yacht and will probably head to Palawan then ??.

Shane
Old 27-08-2012, 05:22   #3

Boat: beneteau M352, 35 feet

Hi Alexadra...I am currently in New Zeland. I will sail soom to Australia and may go that way. I f you want can send more information
Old 29-08-2012, 19:13   #4

Boat: Marcon Rival 32' MK III
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirocovzla
Hi Alexadra...I am currently in New Zeland. I will sail soom to Australia and may go that way. I f you want can send more information
You can PM me and let me know what info your looking for and maybe a bit @ you, your boat and plans too.

Thanks!
Alex
Old 08-09-2012, 02:35   #5

Boat: Herreshoff cat Ketch 40'

If you have not found a berth my the end of November and your india trip then please feel free to drop me a mail on mjsturnerdd@gmail.com. I will be looking for help for a 2 month trip from Malaysia thru Thailand, Burma, maybe Andaman Islands if possible. ( weather and Visa dependent)

Good luck and fair winds

Tags
Asia