Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-09-2013, 12:22   #1

Boat: Koopmans 43
Female crew wanted in Trinidad

Lady crewmember wanted to join owner on his 42 ft steel yacht sailing from Trinidad to Tobago, then on to the Caribbean after hurricane season. Ideal crew should be a non smoker, enjoy scuba diving, kayaking, snorkeling, shipwreck research, reading, music, sea food and the occasional glass of wine. The crew position suits a single person (no couples, please)who enjoys the cruising lifestyle as opposed to competitive yacht racing. There is a lovely small kittie cat on board, so a cat lover is welcome.
An international passport (ie Irish, Canadian, USA, EU, etc), might be best for clearing in and out of some countries.
There are no fixed plans or routes right now, but possibly sailing back home to Cape Town one day via the Azores or Panama, if affordable.
Crew to contribute to food and fuel costs. Please not that neither the owner nor yacht can pay crew repatriatriation airfares or costs. PLEASE CONTACT TERRY of YACHT LIBERTAD (yacht.libertad@gmail.com to chat. I check emails at the local yacht club most evenings.
Ps: The yacht is currently anchored in Trinidad after being painted and antifouled and I'm just waiting to move on to Tobago in a week or two. I'm not looking for love or fringe benefits, nor am I ancient, toothless, a wacko or gay. I don't do expensive restuarants but do enjoy a glass of French wine when I get it at a reasonable price. Crew are free to come and go whenever they feel the need to move on and I'm only looking for someone to chuckle, chat and enjoy the marine enviroment with.
Old 25-09-2013, 21:37   #2

Re: Female crew wanted in Trinidad

Hi, sounds interresting, looking for sailingpartner longer trips, travel around and enjoy life, worked in the BVI as divemaster, have no boat but lots of time, no drinker or smoker, but a good French wine can be appreciated know and than.
I am readyto go any time, let me know if you would like more info
Grts
Nancy
Old 27-09-2013, 12:20   #3
cruiser

It's important to concentrate on the teeth you have, not the teeth you lost.

Particularly when chewing.
Old 06-10-2013, 07:46   #4

Hello immvery interested in crewing with you. I myself am a trini living ub ft lauderdale and would actually be in trinidad next week. Did u leave for tobago yet?? Are where are you at crews in or powerboats
Old 09-10-2013, 15:15   #5

Hi there,

I am a female with plenty of sailing experience. I crewed from Fort Lauderdale to England in 1987. Actually, I started out on a boat from Ft. Lauderdale to Spain, but we were lost at sea for 15 days (I have stories) so I jumped ship in Bermuda and got on a great boat (from South Africa) for a slick run to the Azores and then England. I have run out of water, food and lived through a really rough north Atlantic storm (my job was to run the boomed out jib into a cleat on the foredeck in forty foot swells). I have also sailed through Indonesia and the Greek Islands. Scariest of all of course were the weekend sails in New York harbor, where every 4th of July, someone T-bones another guy, or ends up as a hood ornament on a cruise ship.

I spent last winter on land in Mexico. I basically stayed in a screened in palapa, with an attached tent. After years in suburbia, I did that trip as a test, to see if I could still manage. I could. I drove from New Jersey to Mexico...alone...wouldn't try that again...and ended up looking after a friend's dogs on a very isolated piece of beach near Mahuhaul, close to the southernmost part of North America. I also travelled to Belize and Cuba.

I am well travelled, a good cook and a great storyteller. I am active and love SCUBA. Broke a knee skiing two years ago and have no interest in doing that again. I have been trying to sell my house and am sick of living in a museum, while I wait for a buyer.

Let me know if you want me to contact you directly.

Tags
crew, crew wanted, wanted