Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-05-2015, 23:35   #16

Smile Re: Female Crew Seeking Overseas Adventures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann T. Cate View Post
Samantha, there are other CF threads already extant that have heaps of input from females about where you are planning to go. Use the CF Google Search function, and you should be able to find them.

You do understand Hurricane season in that region is June through the end of November?

Ann

Thank you for your response Ann! I have searched the forums for relevant topics but have mostly found topics for women with families or a partner moving aboard for the foreseeable future rather than a solo female joining a boat for anywhere from 2-5 months. I have a relatively good idea of how to pack as I sailed with my family for quite a number of years in the past but I was considerably younger and my mother was largely responsible for provisioning.

Our plan is to sail from Tampa to the keys onward to Isla Mujeres and from there to hug the coast of Central and South America in order to avoid any hurricanes. Although there has been some changes to Cuba travel restrictions, I am under the impression that we do not meet them as an American crew aboard an American boat with the pure intention of exploring. If there is another route that appears to be a better plan, I certainly welcome any suggestions or revisions!

Tags
chef, cook, crew, crew available, Female