Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-09-2010, 14:09   #1

Fall 2010 - Anywhere (Almost)

Young up-and-coming sailor looking to gain some experience fall 2010. Have about two month window and am game for any coastal/bluewater sailing. Will be in Scotland flying back to Ontario mid-late October. Would thus be available to sail from UK/France/anywhere Western Europe, or East Coast Canada/States. Have some training and experience and learning fast! Hope to have my own boat within a year or two and working hard at all things sailing. Easygoing, affable companion, enjoy cooking and cleaning, and, of course, sailing and all things water. Speak English first, French fluently, and Spanish awkwardly. Any questions or thoughts, please don't hesitate. Cheers! Mike
Old 16-09-2010, 10:24   #2

St Thomas Crew

A friend of mine and I have just puchased a 27 O'Day Sailboat and will be sailing it, from Ft. Lauderdale, Florida through the Bahamas, Turks and Caicos, Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico and will be ending the Voyage in St. Thomas, USVI.
I am currently looking for 3-4 Crew.
Obviously experience is prefered, but I've Worked in the Watersports/ Boating Industry my entire life and Heart, Attitude, Intelligence & Smiles are most important ( Salt Life )
Weather Permitting, we are going to set sail November 1st, and once again weather permitting the Voyage could take as little as 3 weeks, or as long as Poseidon dictates.
The Voyage is going to be Documented and will be a peaceful drama free voyage on a nice sailboat through the most beautiful waters in the world so it's not going to be rushed and stress is not an option.
If we get stuck anchored in a tropical harbor, having to spend the day snorkeling and cooking fresh fish while we wait on the winds....Well I could think of worse things.
Each Crew Member that is chosen will be assigned specific responsibilities and duties according to their capabilities, but will be alternated, so as nobody gets bored, fatigued or frustrated and so everyone gets to operate all facets of sailing the boat.
Each Crew Member will be responsible for his or her own expenses, including food ($25 per day) , beverages, onshore activities, immigration, customs ($500 per person +/-) and any transportation costs associated with returning from St. Thomas or the Crew Member's desire or need not to finish the voyage.
I have licensing and location in place and once there, I will be setting up a Daysailing Charter Operation, and will be looking to keep 1-2 of the crew to run the boat daily, once again Heart, Attitude, Intelligence & Smiles are most important, and if you've made the voyage without jumpin ship experience won't be an issue.
As for the interview and training....
I have been in the watersports/parasail business in Ft Lauderdale since I was a kid (Im 35) and will be selling short coastal and intracoastal day charters out of Hillsboro Inlet/Pt Everglades, until November...ish when the weather will provide for a fair passage.
Once the Crew knows Each Other, Once the Boat knows the Crew and the Weather cooperates We'll set sail on a 1200nm cruise that will be the experience of a lifetime.
Well that's kinda what were looking for, what we aren't looking for are Bad Additutes, Mean People, Stress, Drama or Drugs.
If you re interested in Signing On, shoot me an email with a bit about yourself what you do and dont know, what you wanna learn, where you are and when you' re available.
Old 19-09-2010, 23:02   #3
Eternal Member

Boat: CS36T, 36'
HI Mike,

I am planning a trip from Fla. East coast to Bahamas, then on to DR, PR, on way finally to VIs. Won't be starting til storm season is over; maybe as early as mid November. The boat is a CS36T.
I cover all expenses for crew while on the boat. Please PM me if you're interested so we can talk.

Margo

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana." -Groucho Marx