Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-02-2016, 12:13   #1

Boat: Prout Quest 31
Experienced Offshore Crew Wanted FL to NY

Sailing Prout Quest 31 catamaran from Port St Lucie to Long Island departing mid April, 2016. Expecting journey to last about 3-5 weeks depending on crew needs and conditions. I have 2 years experience skippering this boat on Chesapeake with about 20 days offshore coastal Atlantic to the Keys under my belt.
Seeking 2 crew members to join me, preferably with experience in these waters. May come into ICW from Morehead city, NC to Norfolk but otherwise offshore as conditions permit.

The boat was built in the UK for North Atlantic conditions and came over on its belly. She sails safely and comfortably with ample interior space.

This is non-paid, you would cover your own transportation and personal expenses. I will provide ample provisioning and have been told by other crew that I'm a great cook (surprised me!) As possible will overnight at marinas every couple of days if in the ICW. Crew comfort is a priority. No smokers please, I enjoy a cocktail or 2 occasionally at a quiet anchorage but I can't tolerate drunks.

Duties would include all aspects of sailing, rotations at the helm, having a sense of humor and being good company. Send me a private message if you wish to know more.

Old 29-02-2016, 11:22   #2

Boat: Oday sloop 28
Re: Experienced Offshore Crew Wanted FL to NY

Hello Captain

what a great trip as I would love to join you. I have been in both as having in family in port St. Lucie and live hear on the island, as I do have some good local knowledge. below is my profile in flux.

I am a positive man of many accomplishments ready to take on any challenge given and yes always with a smile. I am a true team player ready to expand my skills back out on the place I love, the ocean. I am a lucky father of two young adults that are happy and healthy and now on their own. I am sure you would find me more than adapt at any situation, bringing honesty and integrity to all I endeavor in this life. I Started out sailing / racing sunfish and lazier at age 7 moving up and on to local racing out of Hempstead harbor S.C. G.C. yacht clubs, first aid/ CPR certified N.Y. State Ocean Life guard Jones Beach 1982-83’, 1988’-1997’ sport fishing out of Hillsboro Florida, 32 foot Sea Ray and deep water Scuba certified running 28 foot Allman dive boat, 1st. Mate Carrol Ann commercial longline fishing the Yucatan to the banks out of Dayna cut Hollywood FL, Now sailing the east coast 1999’ to present, 2012’ on my 28 O’day, lasted race J-44 Vineyard race etc. And now USCG OUPV Capitan and slamming chef nick named King Food resume please email below.
thank you.

Paul Kramer

516-708-7614

urockto@optonlnie.net
Old 03-03-2016, 04:37   #3

Boat: Prout Quest 31
Re: Experienced Offshore Crew Wanted FL to NY

Unfortunately must cancel this trip for a multitude of reasons, not the least of which has been the difficulty in finding a suitable boat tech.

Could not find a way to edit/delete this post

Tags
crew, crew wanted, enc, offshore, wanted