Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-10-2012, 11:45   #1

Experienced crew member, UK and Southwards

Hi, I am close to buying a yacht in the UK with the intention of sailing her down to the Canaries. Potentially (no promises, sometimes there are last minute surprises ) I will need crew for passages from
  • Scotland to Dartmouth (soon/end of October)
  • Dartmouth to Northern Spain/Portugal (early/mid November)
If we get along there is potential to come with me all the way to the Canaries, but I may singlehand from Portugal on.

I am looking or someone with lots of offshore experience, preferably in these waters. Experience in repairs and maintenance also highly regarded. I will pay for all sailing expenses and a flight back to your home. Beyond that we would have to discuss.

Thanks and regards, Sim
Old 19-10-2012, 00:21   #2

Re: Experienced crew member, UK and Southwards

My friend Jan and I we are interested and would like to discuss it,please drope me a mail. I have sailing experiences 19000Nm,Jan 18000Nm. My mail: [NO EMAIL ADDRESSES IN THE CLEAR PLEASE. READ STICKIES] Mobil+48783095312

Regards Zbig
Old 20-10-2012, 10:45   #3

Location: mataro (BARCELONA) email adress quimspanovellas@yahoo.com

Hi
Now I'm in Valencia citty.
I have already finished the summer season for the Balearic Island and now I am planning to do a trip.
The last three winters I have done a voyage crossing the Atlantic Ocean in different sailing vessel type. Each and every of these experiences have been really positive.
We can see and speak about that trip.
Regards
Quim
Old 23-10-2012, 11:17   #4

Boat: River Barge 77FT X 15FT

Hi Sim

Im may be not have all the experience you are looking for but im keen to help out and gain more sea time, i can get to scotland by train at my cost.

I’m looking to help with boat deliveries either power or sail - any distance or type of craft to add to my limited experience and knowledge. I am a cheerful person who is calm and easy going.

I am happy to exchange my work and time in exchange for sailing experience, with no expectation to earn wages from the trip. I am available to travel at any time, as I was fortunate to retire from work early. if required im available to assist with readying and provisioning the craft, Im also a good cook.

Sailing Qualifications & Experience

I recently took my Competent Crew course in Menia,Wales on a 37ft Jeanneau yacht covering 161Nm over the course including 4 night hours. The weather was challenging but I felt it gave me a broader knowledge than taking it in calm weather with little or no tides.

I was also lucky to have recently crewed on a 45ft Tri-maran. We had a tough three days and nights at sea in the English Channel, However I still enjoyed the experience and we covered 195 Nm including 16 night hours.

Experience

Nm 356
Night Hours 20 Hours

Qualifications

Competent Crew Sept 2012

I am hoping to take other theory courses over the winter months, including VHF and Safety at Sea. I have just begun my Day Skipper Theory course. However I really need to add to my practical experience and knowledge and gain miles along side the theory.

I also have an Open water Dive certificate.

Contact Details: Email: [IT WOULD BE TO MUCh, I GUESS, TO EXPECT YOU TO READ THE STICKY "READ BEFORE POSTING", ABOUT NOT POSTING EMAIL ADDRESSES IN THE CLEAR. BUT YOU COULD AT LEAST READ THE POSTS ABOVE IN THIS VERY THREAD??! FFS.]
Mobile: +44 (0) 7802 518222
Many thanks.

Peter

Tags
crew, member