Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-05-2013, 11:28   #1

Experienced crew looking to sail: Chef

My name is Zack, 21 years old

I am a young adventure lover that wants to go out to sea again and travel on the open waters. I am a person that is dependable and trustworthy, qualified as a chef and a writer and if any of those talents can be used on a vessel then feel free to ask. I am mainly looking for a large sail boat owned by either a research team or a nice group of friends/family that I can learn to work on a boat with. I have worked on fishing boats before for three years and have had two weeks of experience on a sail boat and would like the opportunity to continue learning for I enjoyed every minute of it.
I am currently in California and would like to find a boat within the Northern America limits. I am looking for a long voyage if me and the boat work well enough together. My idea of traveling is to sail the coasts and venture toward the Caribbean, Mexico, Hawaii, or just down the american coasts.

A bit about myself:
I am a reader and a writer, that is what I am. I like to cook as well loving to please people with mouth watering dishes from around the world. I am skilled mostly in Thai, Italian, Mexican, and southern US cuisine. I like to learn as much as I can and have a good time doing it. I am also an out doors person having been raised on a farm near the red woods where I go out with friends taking nothing but our backpacks for a few nights. I love nature and have cared for many types of animals and would enjoy seeing even more sights when I travel.
In my spare time I am a volunteer at a wildlife reserve caring for hawks and other local species around my area along with being a Rotarian member. I like to go hiking, diving, and fishing on the days I am not working.

Tags
chef, crew, sail