Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-01-2011, 15:29   #1

Experienced crew in the Caribbean

I' been working as skipper over New Years in the Brittish Virgin Islands. In April I am sailing a boat cross atlantic back to Sweden. Until then I am available to join you as crew/skipper/deckhand och just good company in the caribbean and South America.

I am also happy to do work on your boat or smaler trips/deliveries in the area.

At the moment I'm located at st thomas, USVI

My sailing experience:

I have all my life been alot on boats and in water since my father worked as a fishermen. When I grew up we had a 17 feet dingy, my father learned me the basics and then I tryed it out every year until I got it figured out. Later on I have been on:
-A Galeasship(59feet), summer 2004. A wooden sailingship that we sailed in quite hard conditions from the Swedish westcoast over to the Danish archipelago, and back again.

-I sailed(as skipper) a hired yacht, Bavaria 37,in the withsundays, Australia, april 2009.

-During 2010 I was skipper for two more tips in australia, one bennetau 43 and one Jeanneau 42.

-Then I worked as skipper for TYW(the yacht week) to weeks in Croatia summer of 2009 (Bavaria 42),

-And also two weeks for TWY in 2010 (bavaria 46).

-Summer 2010 I participated in a big regatta in sweden(250miles) with a 56fot One Off

-2010-2011 I worked as a skipper in the Brittish Virgin Island, Sailing a 43 fot catamaran.

-In januari 2011 I participated in a race with a 80fot yacht in St thomas, USVI.

-Except from the listed experience I have done a lot more Sailing. But this is the most important ones. I have Skippers Nautic licens, Swedish Yachtmaster costal Diploma, VHF-certificate, and divingcertificate-Divemaster.

About myself:

I really enjoy everything that comes with the life at sea. Boats and sailing is offcourse a big part of my life, but I also have many other interests. Long distans running, Freediving, scuba(I am proffesional divemaster), under water rugby and music are example of things I fill my everyday life with. At the moment I am studiying pre-medicine, with biology and chemestry, to one day become a doctor. I try to mix my interests, studies and the sailing way of life in a good way.

I grew up with my family in Sweden on an island called Gotland, located in the baltic sea. We where living close to sea and my father worked back then as a fisherman. I thing that my passion for the sea and this way of living came to my in my early years. I have a great social life in Sweden and when I'm back home I work in the restaurants and nightclubs of Stockholm.

My strong believe is that the best thing to mix your life with different things that you like. In this way you never get bored and stay happy and in harmony. I choose to mix work, studies, travels and sailing.

I am an ambitious alert and social guy, I always whant to see things i a possitive way and do my tasks in the best way possible

Contact me on my mail:

antonheijbel@gmail.com

Best regards Anton
Old 24-02-2011, 08:02   #2

Re: Experienced crew in the Caribbean

I am currently in Trinidad looking for crew to go north on my 78' unique motor vessel. If you are interested and willing to share the costs, contact me at cavebobw at hotmail. Bob

Tags
Caribbean, crew