Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-07-2012, 04:39   #1

Experienced couple available long term from Europe

We are an Irish couple, 28 & 31, planning to leave our office jobs in order to head off sailing long term. We're both engineers, I'm Electical & Electronic and Kieran is Software. I (Fionnuala) spent 2 years delivering yachts until last summer (I'm a Commercially Endorsed Yachtmaster and hold my Advanced Powerboat cert). I have just completed the Round Ireland race where I was watch leader.Last week we both sailed up to Galway to welcome in the Volvo Ocean race. I have about 20,000nm logged including a few transatlantics. Kieran is a day skipper and has a Marine Engineering Processes qualification from the Irish fisheries board. Kieran and I met 8 years ago when we both worked as beach lifeguards here on the SW coast of Ireland.

Prior to yacht deliveries I worked in the fields of ocean energy and underwater robotics with much time spent offshore on research vessels. Kieran has accompanied me on a few trips and is accustomed to being on boats from a young age through fishing with his father and dinghy sailing. Kieran heads out fishing most evenings this time of year and keeps the local fish shop stocked up with mackerel when we have too much for ourselves.

Neither of us get seasick and both have good stamina. We are both physically fit, professional, hard working, diligent and have a good sense of humour and camaraderie. We are looking for an adventure and are not constrained by time. We are looking for a trip as close to cost neutral as possible.

Tags
Europe