Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-07-2016, 12:39   #1

New Sailor/Old Sea, Needing experience.

Hi there, I'm Scott, I am planning to buy a sailboat in the future but I am in great need of some sailing experience in order to help me have a feel for the different characteristics of a yacht.*

I have had some experience years ago on optimists and lasers but nothing bigger. I have to be honest to say that I do understand the dynamics of sailing, leaving the most important part wanting. I would ideally be a crew member on a trip, or even just day trips if your looking for a second pair of hands.*

Money is very tight as I have a boat to save for, hence the reason for asking for help and as a main part of the fundraising being the setup of a new-start business you can imagine why. If there is any work needing done to the boat or anywhere else for that matter, I am more than happy to muck in, as I am very handy that way!*

Armchair sailing hardly qualifies me as any sort of*seasoned*sailor, but I’m a quick learner and I bring the intangibles. I’m a good cook, very handy with tools and intuitive with technology. I'm very cool under pressure, I’m clean, confident, and considerate. I work hard, laugh a lot, and end up great friends with everybody meet. I’d love to crew on your boat!

I do realize that this is a big ask but eventually sailing in my own boat as a liveaboard world wide is my dream and I have to take any steps necessary in order to at least start the ball rolling. This is my dream and all I need is a little jump start.*

If anyone has any advice for me please let me know.
Please contact me via email or call on 07473 309 334.
Old 03-07-2016, 12:46   #2

Boat: C&C 38'
Experience at sea.

Where do you live? When can you go?
Old 03-07-2016, 12:56   #3

Re: Experience at sea.

Hi there Jerry and Denver!
That was a quick reply! Thank you for your haste. I am in Glasgow UK. I am just in the throws of setting up a small business so this restricts me to late July/August.
How are you, I notice you are on the boat on the Gulf Coast? Its no wonder you are a happy sailor!

Kind regards,

Scott.
Old 03-07-2016, 13:06   #4

Boat: 1979 Bristol 35.5 CB

There's a separate forum for positions wanted. More likely to find something there. Mods may move your thread
Old 03-07-2016, 13:07   #5

Hi there again to make it clear, I am not available to join until after late July/August, yet I am free for the foreseeable future after July/August.
Old 03-07-2016, 13:49   #6

Boat: Morgan Moorings 50

Fly across the pond to Florida, we'll go sailin
Old 08-07-2016, 18:00   #7

Re: New Sailor/Old Sea, Needing experience.

Hi there, would you be interested in helping me with a boat delivery starting July 20th? It would be from Charleston, SC to Dania Beach, FL. Where are you currently? If interested you can contact me at 786-333-7687.
Thanks,
Ananda

Tags
enc, sail