Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-09-2012, 22:44   #1

Boat: Gib sea 43
End october - Gibraltar-Canaries -Caribbean

Leaving Gibraltar end of October, heading to the Canaries, then Atlantic crossing to the Caribbean, either direct or possibly via Brazil.

At present the crew looks like it will consist of 2 males, so female crew would be preferred.

If the pen is mightier than the sword, then my keyboard must be a nuclear missile!
Old 20-09-2012, 00:41   #2

Send a message via Skype™ to Ilan Windholz
Re: End october - Gibraltar-Canaries -Caribbean

Hi,

we are a couple just finishing our studies in Marine Biology and looking to join a boat in europe for crosat bound caribbean.
We both have a sailing experience and coastal Yachtmaster licence.
we are responsible and clean. We are friendly, easy going and like to meet new people and live new experiences.
We can keep a watch, cook and clean, being fully commited to the duties onboard.
We speak good English, portugese, Spanish and hebrew.

would be great to hear from you,

ilanwave at gmail dot com

Best Regards

Ilan and Shani
Old 20-09-2012, 02:28   #3

I forgot to add this is unpaid - you make your on way to the boat and contribute to food/drink costs. Fuel/ marina/ boat costs will be undertaken by myself.

If the pen is mightier than the sword, then my keyboard must be a nuclear missile!
Old 22-09-2012, 08:16   #4

Hi Stevensuf
I am a lively and fit 52 y.o. italian boat owner and skipper, I am very interested in your sailing plan and would like to know more about it, yourself and your boat.
I have sailed extensively around the med in the last 10 years, both as crew and captain, but have very little ocean experience, hence the desire to do my first atlantic crossing with a more experienced captain.
I am relaxed and at ease on board, able and willing to help with all tasks above and below deck, easy going and direct. I love to cook!
I will be available for crewing starting at the end of october - beginning of november and will resume working in April 2013.
I hope this quick profile fits your requirements for crew - for a detailed resumee and information, please get in touch: manuelaunderscoreciri atlibero.it
Fair winds!
Manuela
Old 24-09-2012, 11:29   #5

Hi there, I'm an ocean cruising rookie with some sailing experience. I'm planning a sabbatical this November/December to fulfill one of my dreams i.e. to cross the Atlantic (east to west) by boat.

If you need help and company on your trip, I would be very happy to make it a great experience for us all. As a person, I'm open-minded and always looking at positive side of life. I enjoy being with other people and having a good laugh, but I also have no problems entertaining my self. I'm a responsible and considerate person, and I have a great deal of patience. I have a good logical sense and like solving problems of any kind.

Further:
-I do know the basics of how to sail and navigate, as I have been sailing (leisure cruising on a Maxi Fenix) in the Danish and Swedish coasts during vacations for the past 10 years (and have passed an examination in proficiency in yachting by the Danish Maritime Authorities).
-I know how to perform ”first aid” (certified)
- I fluently speak, English (use it every day in my professional life), German (grew up with the German version of ”Sesame street”), and Danish (mother tongue). I understand other Scandinavian languages, and I understand some French and Spanish
-I'm an omnivore i.e. I eat almost anything, this does not mean I don't appreciate good taste, I'm just curious :-)
-I'm a good cook (says my wife)
-Certified scuba-diver (PADI, advanced open water)
-Do not suffer from sea sickness (as far as I know)
- I don't smoke

So apart from being good company, I can perform most tasks required to be good help; watch-keeper, deckhand, cooking etc.

Hoping very much to hear from you!
Best,
Allan
Old 25-09-2012, 08:38   #6

Hello

Are you still looking for crew?
I am a boat owner and skipper with boat driving as my profession.
I am done for this season and free to sail. Fill me in with your status.

Tomas
Old 30-09-2012, 02:43   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensuf View Post
Leaving Gibraltar end of October, heading to the Canaries, then Atlantic crossing to the Caribbean, either direct or possibly via Brazil.

At present the crew looks like it will consist of 2 males, so female crew would be preferred.

If youre still looking for crew, then I'm very interested. Crossing the atlantic is a dream for me right now so i'll be good help. I'm 22 and ready to go! Please contact me for further information, i really hope i can help you out!
Mail: [DO NOT POST EMAIL ADDRESSES IN THE CLEAR]
Phone: (45)817 36662

Jacob
Old 30-09-2012, 14:39   #8

Hi Steven,
I'm a young portuguese journalist, writer and traveler, and I’d love to join your yacht as a crew member.
I don't have much sailing experience, but I'm an enthusiastic quick learner, and I can be a very handful hand.
I can cook, clean up, keep watches, deckhand.. whatever needed
I'm fluent in portuguese, spanish, french and english, I play ukulele and guitar (and would be happy to teach any of these languages or instruments)
I'm a certified scuba diver.
and i'm happy to contribute for the expanses.
if anything, just get in touch by Private Message

all the best with your beautiful new yacht!
Old 03-10-2012, 05:55   #9

Hi im Leo van Eeden a 21year old White South African Male looking to join crew and sail the world.
Im very enthusiastic and hard working (always wanting to learn and develop stronger skills and knowledge, was looking to get a delivery from SA to a destination where I could find a Crew there but havnt found anything.
If you would consider me for a position on your Catamaran I would organise flight tickets to meet up with you and start my new venture.
I have: (All RYA approved) Day Skippper Tidal,Day skipper for sail and powercraft ,Competent Crew and STCW2.
I look forward to hearing from you and maybe get to join you on your adventures.
Regards Leo van Eeden
Old 04-10-2012, 08:16   #10

Swedish boat owner and skipper ready to sail end of october.
Good cook and good for smiles. Experience from Aden sea to the Red sea.
Need the crossing for milage. I am 52 professional boat driver. Coastal skipper with license for 12 paying passengers. Former dive instructor.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0144.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	146.6 KB
ID:	47597  
Old 11-10-2012, 06:46   #11

A physically, fit enthusiastic, British male wanting to learn more about the boating world and gain experience in sailing. Last may i crewed a 40 ft sailing yacht, hoping to sail from Bordeaux to Turkey, but complications including crew and weather conditions cut the trip out short. I'm hoping to become an officer in the Royal Marines, in which a high level of fitness, strength and teamwork are crucial, as I know are also within a sailing environment. I would consider myself a fast learner and have a skill of being able to blend into any environment quickly. I'm very easy to get along with and would ensure a happy and friendly crew mate, work hard, play harder!(in some cases). My enthusiasm and a passion for learning and gaining new experiences makes me an ideal candidate to be part of your crew, if your willing to teach me you can ensure a reliable future crew member, on call.
Old 11-10-2012, 07:41   #12

HI sorry all, crew has been sorted for both legs, thanks for the interest,

Tags
Canaries, Caribbean