Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-10-2012, 23:06   #1

Boat: Morgan OI 416
Elliot Bay to Puget Sound locations

41' ketch. Looking for (male) sailors (am married and will not take single women without other people if my wife cannot make a particular cruise date) who don't mind good sailing in colder or wetter weather - this is the Puget Sound after all.
Boat is a Morgon OI with two separate cabins with two heads and possible double in salon. Mostly enclosed cockpit soon to be fully enclosed. Let me know your availability and which days of the week work for you.
Boat is in Elliot Bay Marina.
Old 16-10-2012, 23:23   #2

Boat: It’s in French Polynesia now
Re: Elliot Bay to Puget Sound locations

Hi,
I might have an interest in your offer. I'm retired and set my own hours. I have a boat up in Everett, but I'm doing some interior finish work, so it's put away until it's fairly complete, hopefully by next summer.

I would like to get to see and know your boat a bit before doing any serious sailing. I'll PM you!
Old 17-10-2012, 00:51   #3

I checked out the boat you are restoring. Great job! I thought of laying cork instead of the carpet in mine but found some 100% wool carpeting which works well for the time being.
Not sure if I would describe the kind of sailing I do as "serious" but I do enjoy it and do it often. I too have been upgrading, building, sewing and the like to improve my "hole in the water". Would enjoy discussing various projects with you as well as seeing your boat in person.
Old 17-10-2012, 08:16   #4

Boat: It’s in French Polynesia now

Mine is up in the Everett marina now. It's actually sailable at the moment. I just finished up installing a 3.1 ci frig and a second pair of deep cell batteries with all new/heavy battery cable. It's not the typical in the box sailboat but it sails well and suits me fine.

I sent you a PM (Private Message- click on the upper RH corner of this page) with my personal # and more info.
Old 04-11-2012, 23:54   #5

Boat: Crown 34'

Hello,

I'm interested in sailing with you in the Puget Sound. My name is James, I have crew experience racing with my grand father growing up as well as the occasional recreational sailing. But it had been a long time since I've been able to sail so I just completed the US Sailing, basic keelboat 1,2,&3 classes through Windworks Sailing at the Shilshole marina.

Now that I have access to the boat I am looking for any opportunity to get on the water and add to my experience. I think going out with other people on thier boat and seeing how other boats are run can only benefit me on my own boat. I have plenty to learn.

I was just laid off a week ago, so I currently have a lot of availability. I don't expect to get a call back to work for a couple months at least so I might well take advantage of my free time.

I'll message you with my phone number.

Hope to hear from you,

James.
Old 05-11-2012, 20:03   #6

Boat: Lord Nelson 35

Hi Reuvane!

I would also be willing to crew! I sail throughout the Puget Sound weekly and have completed the ASA106 (advanced coastal cruising). I have full foul-weather gear and am not afraid of the cold. I also live in the Seattle area. =)
Old 05-11-2012, 21:28   #7

Thanks for contacting me Steve. Let me have your phone number and we'll talk about sailing. My boat is a heavy cruising ketch but given a breeze above 12kts she does OK and above 18kts she does herself proud as long as she isn't pointing into the wind. Last Monday we came back from Gig Hbr with 20-30kts astern and in a double reefed main with no other sails flying we were doing 6-7kts.
Reuvane
Old 09-11-2012, 16:26   #8

Boat: Lord Nelson 35
Great! 253.261.9557