Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-02-2013, 01:41   #16

Re: Easy going, hard-worker with a good head on her shoulders

Quote:
Originally Posted by tookawile View Post
I am sailing the east coast of australia in late april.... if you are interested?
Geoff

Thank you very much for the offer, however, I am not available until the end of July due to academic commitments with writing/presenting/defending my thesis.
Old 21-02-2013, 11:28   #17
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Morgan 41' OI / Oday 22’ Keel Boat

Where are you located?
Joe
Old 21-02-2013, 13:48   #18

Boat: Bruce Roberts 44 Ofshore

Is this a dream? About all I can say is, "wow".

Actually, I am thinking about a trip to Belize to visit with my son and granddaughter and ex wife down there. I am in New Orleans, or will be when I get home in a few days from the Middle East. Boat is a Cal 2-27 so maybe not your cup of tea after living on a 42' cat. To be honest, with your c.v. you can find much better opportunities than this, but you would be more than welcome to go along if we find a reasonable compatibility.

I am non-drug, mostly non smoker, (3-4 cigars a year, hookah maybe once a month) and intimacy is neither required nor expected (though if it were offered I would probably be a gentleman and accept, I imagine.) I am somewhat casual about getting fully dressed at sea. Not a nudist by creed or philosophy, but rather one by laziness. Light to moderate drinker. Carnivore. Definitely not vegetabletarian. In a previous life I was probably a tyrannosaurus or something. Not a big talker on the boat but I am used to women who prattle on and on so if you are a chatterbox, no biggie, just don't think I am ignoring you when I actually am LOL! I am more a night owl than a sun worshipper (skin cancer survivor) so I would probably be agreeable to taking the bulk of the night watch and letting you have most of the day. I am kinda flexible about all that.

The trip down would take 9 or 10 days in my pokey little boat, and I would probably stay a week or two, visiting and cruising the Cays before returning to New Orleans. No need to pitch in for food, etc, just have your own money for landventuring, shopping, and other chick stuff, and make your own way to New Orleans. I am not a heavy duty party animal, but a good time will be had. Weather is nice in BZ this time of year.

Got some paperwork, repairs, modifications, etc to do and I would probably be ready to leave about 4 weeks from now. Feel free to PM. At this point the trip is about a 90% sure thing gonna happen. I was gonna singlehand it, TBH, but your post got my attention.
Old 22-02-2013, 05:55   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjin San View Post
Where are you located?
Joe
I'm located in Jamaica and willing to travel to near-ish ports. Depending on the time of the year, I will be in South Florida as well (end/middle of July - beginning of August) on my way back to the Caribbean from completing my MSc. in the UK.
Old 23-02-2013, 09:01   #20
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Wooden Bruce Roberts

Hi Irie. Please see our crew availabe post. If getting yet another qualification doing something you love then this might be a great opportunity. Delivery Gib-UK with RYA Instructor and RYA examiner to board the vessel on arrival in the UK. Thanks
Old 24-02-2013, 13:17   #21
Marine Service Provider

Send a message via Skype™ to BareFootViking

hello irie girl...

i'd recommend BlackBeard's Cruises to you. I worked there over 5 years. It's hard work, good pay (cash, mostly tips) and mucho adventure. They hire cooks, engineers and Dive Instructors (not dive masters). It's hard, but there is a real fraternity and you'll have one hell of an adventure. Look them up. hard work and a good attitude and you'll love it/ you hate it / you'll love it....you get the idea. if you are interested, you'll have to call or email a few times...tenacity is everything in life. Good luck.
Old 25-02-2013, 02:54   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by BareFootViking View Post
hello irie girl...

i'd recommend BlackBeard's Cruises to you. I worked there over 5 years. It's hard work, good pay (cash, mostly tips) and mucho adventure. They hire cooks, engineers and Dive Instructors (not dive masters). It's hard, but there is a real fraternity and you'll have one hell of an adventure. Look them up. hard work and a good attitude and you'll love it/ you hate it / you'll love it....you get the idea. if you are interested, you'll have to call or email a few times...tenacity is everything in life. Good luck.

Thanks for the info, I have sent them an email with my CV attached. Will definitely hound them until I get a response back!

Tags
crew available, experience, hard worker, intelligent