Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-05-2013, 11:32   #1

Location: Cape Town has stolen my heart, but I adore Montreal.
Eastern North America to Europe, or Europe to South Africa or North America to SA

As the title suggests, I am open to one of these options:
Eastern North America to Europe
And/or Europe to South Africa
Or
Eastern North America to South Africa

I am a 33 year old male, looking to complete my tidal mileage to get my RYA Yachtmaster Ocean ticket. I've a Canadian Yachting association basic cruising ticket, the CYA Coastal Navigation ticket, and am working on the the CYA celestial Navigation ticket. I hold and RYA Restricted Radio Operators Licence for VHF, and the RYA Day Skipper ticket.

I have been sailing for a couple years, mostly around the buoys stuff, but on a recent trip to Cape Town, I added some coastal cruising/day sailing. During this current summer I am building my helming experience in Montreal and the Thousand Islands region with Ynot Sailing, operated by Tony Pattinson out of Bay Durfe Yacht Club.

By trade, I am a professional chef, but have skills with computers and can wield a hammer or sander with the best of them.

I don't give up, I never quit, work well in groups so long as a clear chain of command is set up. I am a good communicator and a hard worker: first to arrive, last to leave. I can provide references if requested.
Kind regards,
Joshua Fiddler

Tags
Africa, cape town, Europe