Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-06-2015, 03:55   #1

East Coast USA to South Pacific

The boat is a 38ft monohull that is being prepared to transit the Panama canal and do a voyage in the South Pacific visiting the more remote spots outside of the standard “milk run” route. The Marquesas are beautiful but with several hundred boats crowding the anchorages in March-May, I prefer doing the southern route initially. Desired destinations include the Australs, back up towards Tokelau and a few Polynesian islands that are politically part of the Solomons. I tend to enjoy cruising destinations where there is no airport, has infrequent supply ship visits and has less than five visiting yachts per season. Must stop in Fiji to re provision and surf Cloud break! Eventually loop back to Hawaii or continue towards Micronesia.

Currently, the boat is on the east coast (contact me for current location). The Caribbean will be explored on the way down but I prefer to spend a bit of time in Cartagena and in the San Blas.

Unpaid, share expenses, alcohol free environment, minimalist approach (little engine use, anchor out whenever possible, live at local standard of living)

Skipper has over 70,000 miles experience which includes a single handed circumnavigation (below Africa, Panama Canal)

Contact me for a link to my own site with more details
Old 14-06-2015, 15:46   #2

Re: East Coast USA to South Pacific

I really like your style Captain. Seems like we could be a great match for each other.. I have a small amount of sailing and a large amount of keeping the meals exciting. I would be up for the whole sail, I am just dreaming of visiting Cartagena.. Ike
Old 16-06-2015, 09:11   #3

Hi, when do you anticipate setting sail? Be great to get a link to your website?

Cheers
Old 16-06-2015, 09:20   #4

PM's sent.
Old 16-06-2015, 09:36   #5

Hey,
I really enjoy your style of cruising. My name is Garrett and my partner Kylie and I were eagerly looking for sailing venture this summer. I have experience as a crewman and she is quick learning cardiac nurse. We are both genuinely interested in a finding a boat to help cruise on at any point between June 23rd and July 27th. If there are any spots available between those dates just let me know and I would be happy to give you a full bio on each of us to see if we can join you.

Cheers,
Garrett M.
Old 17-06-2015, 05:27   #6

June to July will probably find me parked in Wrightsville Beach and surfing. Will probably head north as the season progresses.
Old 21-06-2015, 08:42   #7

Hi fellow surfer! I would be interested in helping out some stretches and would love more info. I am pretty flexible on timing next six months.
Old 21-06-2015, 11:28   #8

Call me James.
This sounds like a wondrous voyage, and I am just the crew for you. I haven't much sailing experience, but I've gone through a full sailing course to be ASA certified, and went on a five day cruise of the Pacific Ocean.
I am of the ocean, and it draws me inexorably. Sailing has become my new passion, and I wish to get more real world experience in blue water. I live in Orange County, CA, but can meet you for the trip and make the sail. I would love to cross the Panama Canal, and had been researching it, myself, before coming across some of the associated costs that seem to be an immediate limit.
I look forward to talking more about this voyage.
Cheers,
James
Old 25-06-2015, 14:57   #9

I have provided a link to my site here for anyone interested. The boat specs, my sailing resume and a link to my last cruise are all available for review. You can always PM me for specifics.

sailingonpilgrim.wordpress.com
Old 26-06-2015, 07:51   #10

Hi Captain,
My husband and I are interested. My husband has plenty of Experiance on the ocean, but with sailing we are novices. We took a 2 week course to be Asa certified in bare boat chartering and feel in love with sailing. I am a certified chef and nutritionist. I am a great cook on a boat. My husband and I own a farm in New Hampshire and we are shutting it down to look at new adventures. We were looking for a boat to purchase and we have decided that prior to that we would like more Experiance with a knowledgeable skipper. We can put you in contact with the skipper that taught us in the BVIs for a reference. When are you leaving? Were available now if your interested and we click.
Thank you Jeanny

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 29-06-2015, 04:40   #11

I can take two people, but do not take couples for extended passages. I have never gotten the dynamic to work.

Old 29-06-2015, 09:24   #12

Good morning!
Although I do understand, I do think that you are missing out on two people that you would most probably find enjoyable. I do understand you thoughts though , we have a farm and have had many interns over the years and have observed many personalities. We are use to communal living with our home being open to all. Safe voyage, wish we were with you!

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 01-07-2015, 05:39   #13

Hi Captain,

Your voyage, your style and what you're looking for sound like something that would be a perfect match for us both.
We are 2 best friends embarking on a around the world travel experience starting off in South America later this year, looking to be in Miami/Caribbean by February next year and then looking at heading from there to the South Pacific.

I am new to this site so was unfamiliar on how to contact you directly but I would love to chat more and hopefully hear back from you. My personal email address is rosslamont1987 at googlemail dot com (apparently you're not meant to provide the address correctly, I read somewhere).

I hope to hear from you soon and give you more stats/details about ourselves.

Many Thanks,
Ross
Old 10-07-2015, 05:16   #14

An accurate schedule and cruising are about as incompatible as they get. Best bet is to keep track of the boat position through my site and see if your path cross mines. I always update it with my current location.

Old 20-07-2015, 14:51   #15

I'm very interested!! 22 y/o male, sailing and diving experience. Looking to gain some sea miles and adventure. I'm willing and able to do whatever grunt work you may need. Please let me know

Tags
east coast, south pacific