Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-07-2012, 00:55   #1

East Coast USA to Europe

Hi,

First off thanks for even glancing at this posting. I'm really hoping to find a ride from any part of the eastern US to Europe, or even North Africa, some time in the next few weeks to two months.

I'm 28, male, recently graduated with a master in journalism and am itching to get to some less popular regions of the world and do my small part to shed some light. I hope that doesn't sound presumptuous and pompous. I am really nice down to earth guy. Also, my girlfriend recently moved to Europe for work, so I'd like to go see here, perhaps with a story or two to tell when i arrive.

Also, since I was a child I've dreamt of sailing across the ocean, it's a true fascination of mine. I spent one summer working as a salmon fisherman up in Alaska, but it wasn't enough to get the love of the ocean out of me, if anything it left me wanting more.

I have experience sailing small boats and yachts on the San Francisco bay, I'm competent with dinghies but won't lie or exaggerate my skills with larger boats.

I've worked in construction for a few years, carpentry and plumbing a bit of welding and even did sail boat repair and maintenance. So I don't shirk hard work, and I have a good knowledge of wood working, fixing things etc. It's always good to have a plumber around.

I can definitely cook, but I won't say I'm a great cook.

I speak fluent Spanish, graduated with a degree in anthropology from UC Berkeley, and was also a substitute teacher for a while, which means that I learned patience and to get along with anyone.

Also, I can spin a good yarn, and tell a good joke, but I know when to shut up and let silence prevail. I figure that's important out in the middle of the sea.

I really look forward to any response.

Thanks,
Adrian
Old 02-07-2012, 10:23   #2

Re: East Coast USA to Europe

Are you ready to leave this week?
I have an opening for someone to sail from Florida to UK.
PM me if you are interested.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:26   #3

Re: East Coast USA to Europe

Unfortunately I cannot leave for at least three or four weeks.

Thanks so much for the offer, I'm surprised at how open this community is.

Thanks!

Adrian

Tags
Europe