Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-03-2012, 16:19   #1

Send a message via Skype™ to michaelbeck
Cool East Coast USA --> Europe = To unpathed waters, undreamed shores!

Here is a bit about us. We are three males, all 25 yrs old, living in Oregon. We are hugely adventurous, funny, free-spirited people. We just finished building an Earthship, a 90% sustainable material house that is self-insulating, catches water, wood stove, windmill for power, etc. We are competent, capable of just about anything and driven to lead meaningful lives full of epic adventure!

On to our next excursion! We are making contacts to learn how to sail for our Atlantic crossing. We are intelligent, quick learners, strong, optimistic...there is very very little that can ruin our day or mood!

At the end of April, we are quitting our jobs and driving east, saying hi to our parents in Indiana and arriving on the East coast by the end of the first week in May.

We are exceptional cooks and great story-tellers. The reason for our Atlantic crossing is to be with our friends and business partners in Estonia. We are starting a non-governmental organization that gets people started in their own sustainable building project and provides continual support and volunteer labor.

We realize that three people on a boat is many many and are more than willing to take separate boats!

Sincerely,

Michael, Eric and Loren.
Old 28-03-2012, 02:50   #2
Nearly an old salt

Boat: Bavaria 36
Wouldn't a 747 be more practical.

Also why not list a few faults in that litany of optimism

Dave
Old 28-03-2012, 10:21   #3

Send a message via Skype™ to michaelbeck
Re: East Coast USA --> Europe = To unpathed waters, undreamed shores!

Hey Dave, great comment! It's always inspiring when, on a sailing forum, we get a recommendation to take a plane. If this happened more often, maybe it would change our minds!

Hm. Faults in our litany of optimism. Maybe one of our faults could be we just have too much fun living this mysterious and lucky life of ours. It's just ridiculous how much fun life is if you jump on the optimism train!

Sorry to disappoint you in your search for faults. Turn that frown upside down!
m.
Old 28-03-2012, 10:38   #4

Location: Behind the garlic curtain - east central Saskatchewan
Boat: Baylurker 2755

You'd be welcome to crew on our boat Michael. Unfortunately we're not trans-atlantic capable and we're located on the coast you're about to leave. Keep on living and posting - its fun to see your kind of enthusiasm.
Old 28-03-2012, 16:06   #5

Hello,

My name is Max Helms, I am currently a student in Orlando, FL USA for marine technology and extremely interested in getting into sailing and international sea trips. I honestly do not have much experience with long distance ocean travel but I have had training in Yanmar and Volvo Penta diesel so I will be able to perform ruitine maintenance and keep you going smooth. I just want to take my life as far as possible and start my marine career while exploring the world. Im a really fun and easy going guy. Im not sure if your willing to help me learn and start from scratch but everyone needs a foot in the door. I am 21 years old and extremely eager to start my life on the water and travel. I will be in Trinidad from May 16th to the 28th to visit friends and then will possible be returning to the USA. Please email me at maxhelms1991@yahoo.com if you would like some extra help or have any tips or info that could help me kick off my life. Thankyou for your time and have a good day.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:20   #6

My name is Rachael, I'm in N. fl. Can't seem to find too many sailin buddies here who don't hold AARP cards. If u wanna sail come see me. I have room for all three on paramour for As long as ur not sloppy and like to help fix things!!! go to paramour sailing charters on Facebook to see more pics of boat. Chow
Rachael
Old 01-04-2012, 10:08   #7

Hello Rachael. I am deffently interested in sailing. I have to let you know though that I have no experience but I absolutely eager to learn and fix anything. up for a challange and a super neat and clean guy. You can email me if you want to discuss further. maxhelms1991@yahoo.com