Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-09-2015, 09:09   #1

East Coast and Southeast

I am a 40 year old male that has been around power boats most of my life. I am newer to sailing but have ASA 101-104 and I need some open ocean miles before I attempt to take my family on a circumnavigation around the world. (That will be a ways off but is a lifetime goal).

I sail weekly on an Irwin 33 so I know most of the basics but really want to learn how to handle a boat when the weather is not optimal.

Cold, wet weather and night watches are OK with me. I am also a pretty good cook and know all of the basics about plotting thru some US Power Squadron classes.

I do not smoke and occasionally drink but I can go without that for some time.

I understand hard work and don’t mind being told I am doing something wrong. I want this opportunity to learn.

Tags
east coast

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off