Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-05-2011, 13:24   #1

Boat: Radford 40
Dominican Republic to East Coast US

I would be interested in having one or two folks help me with the passage from the Dominican Republic to the east coast of the US, probably Southport, NC with a possible visit in the Bahamas. Departue will be from the Dominican Republic 18 July or as soon there after as possible.

No experience is required, but crew must be able to pay for transportation to and from the boat. The normal perdiem for non experienced crew is $20USD, but this is adjustable depending on the experience level of the crew.

Juno is a 40 foot Radford, aft cockpit sloop, steel hull, and is a very sea worthy and comfortable passage maker. I have sailed Juno from Australia over the past 8 years, and have had lots of "volunteer crew" on board most with little or no experience. So lots of references are available, and I am assuming most of them are favorable!

Cheers

Tom Hildebrandt
Old 26-05-2011, 06:45   #2

Boat: Beneteau 362
Re: Dominican Republic to East Coast US

Tom,

I might be able to make all or part of the passage. How long do you expect it to take? How long of a visit in the Bahamas are you talking about? This is a passage I have been thinking about and would like to take it.

Reese (vettedude)
Old 26-05-2011, 13:57   #3

Hi, I am John Towles. Lots of sailing experience, but no offshore. Mostly Chesapeake Bay. No problem getting to Dominican Republic, or home from N.C. Am available for entire trip. johntowles@hotmail.com
Old 30-05-2011, 11:27   #4

Hi, I am very interested and would want to take part in the entire leg. I am a 19yr male. Not very experienced but I have over 3000miles of offshore passage (including one Atlantic crossing). I am clean, well mannered and fit. I am eager to learn from experienced fellows and would be attentive, follow instructions and do stay long hours at any task. I am currently in St.Thomas,VI.
Give me a shout if any thing.
Old 13-06-2011, 13:47   #5

Boat: Radford 40

Hi Oceanboy!

Sorry to be so long getting back, but I have been cruising,

With 3000 miles under the keel, I am sure you will be fine as a watch stander. If you are what you say, willing to learn, attentiver and follow instructions, if you can foot the bill for a flight into the Dominican Republic and willing to make your own way from wherever our landfall is, , have a valid US passport, (or any other passport with a valid visa), and will be willing to contribute $5 per day for meals on board( I usually charge more but it is looking like this may be a trip without a refrigerator/freezer), do not do drugs, (especially whilst on board Juno), then give me a shout back.

I am currently in the Dominican Republic where I have guests arriving on the 17th for 30 days, when they leave I will be anxious to head north. So if you are still interested, let me know, my email is tomonjuno@yahoo.com

Cheers

Tom Hildebrandt

Tags
Dominican Republic, east coast