Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-06-2015, 10:31   #1

Delivery Nassau / Bahamas - Belfast / Maine (June 23th - ca. July 3rd)

Hi,

S/Y Cabochon will get a paint refit this year. It will be either a yard in GA (in this case we do not need additional crew) or Belfast / ME. If we choose Belfast / ME (decision will be made middle of next week) we are looking for 2 more persons (for a total of 6 crew), one of them able to lead a watch.

This is an unpaid position, you fly in and out at your own cost, we provide food/bunk (and hopefully a fun trip).

If you are below 25 years of age and have difficulties to raise the money for the airfare we might be able to help ...

Good opportunity if you want to add some miles and get a feeling how to sail a large sloop.
If you are interested PM me a BRIEF introduction with information about your experience, your strength and weakness and any other useful information (good cook, good mechanic, ....).

If you do not have a US passport you must have a B1/B2 visa on hand.
Non-Smokers only ...

I will reply latest mid next week. We are targeting to leave June 24th and if the weather cooperates it should be around 7 days at sea.

Regards,

Carsten
Old 09-06-2015, 21:01   #2
BPB

Re: Delivery Nassau / Bahamas - Belfast / Maine (June 23th - ca. July 3rd)

Hey! I'm very interested in doing a passage similar to yours. I live in Rhode Island and am basically looking to crew a sailboat from either Florida or the Caribbean up to New England. I'm 27 years old, self-employed in IT, and basically just want to learn more about sailing before I purchase my own sailboat. I have almost no sailing knowledge, but I've been around boats my entire life and am 100% capable of standing watch and making proper use of navigation equipment. I'm also very willing and eager to learn the rest along the way.
Old 10-06-2015, 05:09   #3

Boat: Bingham custom cutter rigged 35 loa 28 lod
Send a message via Skype™ to Dean Samuels

Call me, 3059423655 im in Charleston

Sent from my C5215 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Old 10-06-2015, 05:23   #4

Boat: Monk 36

Sounds like you might be going to Front Street - good choice.
I'd like to join you, but I am feverishly trying to get my cat in the water before Maine freezes over again.
Safe travels
Old 12-06-2015, 20:56   #5

Hi Carsten,
I am an experienced delivery skipper and crew with over 34 000 NM in my log. Sailing is what I do, what I love and what I can’t live without. I was supposed to do the Transatlantic race but my boat isn't starting due to the technical problems. I am working in West Palm Beach on 80 foot cat till the end of this month but probably could finish few days earlier if needed. As I finish my job and not doing the regatta any more, I am looking for new sailing opportunities in the area / to anywhere / everywhere. I would be happy to send my CV/log.
Beside that I am very easy going person, strong and hard working, positive energy spreading and multitasking is my specialty. Please let me know if you feel like I could join the team. My email: anetrak@hotmail.com
Cheers,
Aneta
Old 13-06-2015, 15:31   #6

... thanks for the interest, decision was made to go to Savannah, GA for the refit so we do not need additional crew.

As a side note: Only one person contacted me as requested by PM with a BRIEF introduction.

No harm intended ...

Fair sailing to everybody

Carsten

Tags
Bahamas, delivery, maine, nassau