Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-11-2010, 05:48   #1

(Delivery) Crew Available at Las Palmas

My name is Jasper Arts (Dutch, 34) and I'm looking to cross the Atlantic from Las Palmas as crew.

I'm an experienced, qualified Coastal Skipper and been into sailing for over 25 years. From April till October I work as a charter-skipper in the south of Portugal and at the moment I'm on a six month holiday with destination Brazil. I'm looking to cross the Atlantic as crew, mainly to learn and make miles for a Yachtmaster Offshore license.

Other people describe me as calm, friendly, easy going and hardworking. I'm a fit non-smoker and never drink alcohol while sailing. I speak Dutch (mother tongue), English and Portuguese fluently. I've worked as a skipper on sailing yachts in The Netherlands, Canary Islands and Portugal, organized flotillas in Greece and sailing-camps for children in The Netherlands. Good references can be provided on request.

I have a Portuguese Coastal Skipper license, ICC, RYA VHF and RYA Seasurvival qualifications and I'm an Emergency First Responder and PADI Open Water Diver. Besides that, I have a MSc degree in Astronomy, so I'm looking forward to doing some celestial navigation during a crossing.

At the moment I'm in Las Palmas, looking for a berth on a yacht and ready to join a (delivery)team. I'm available for crewing from November 2010 trough April 2011. If you'd like to meet me, please give me a call at +34 638236360 or send an email to j.n.arts (at) gmail (dot) com.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,
Jasper Arts

Tags
las palmas