Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-08-2015, 05:39   #1

Boat: CT 56
Send a message via Skype™ to undercutter
Darwin to Brisbane and South

Leaving Darwin mid-October for east coast Australia. Looking for experienced crewman or couple preferably with Diving Qualifications to be able to enjoy the Great Barrier Reef during our passage. Compressor and tanks onboard but limited extra gear so will need own octopus, bcd, fins, etc. All the comforts of home on an excellently maintained 56' full keeler, ketch rig.
Old 22-08-2015, 15:49   #2

Boat: Clipper Mk II , 17 ft fractional rigged sloop
Re: Darwin to Brisbane and South

Hi undercutter

your add doesn't mention anything about shared expense , will you be keeping the crew . i believe you will be going against the wind so you might have a large fuel bill ? by the time you get to head south it will be late in the sailing season , some mention of these things may get a better response .

i am sure it could be a good trip , i love the great barrier reef .i will be sailing the oposite way , hope you get your crew .

cheers

jimmy
Old 23-08-2015, 04:32   #3

Boat: Peter Snell Easy 37'

Hi Undercutter,

sounds like an interesting trip. I'd love to join you at the Great Barrier Reef or perhaps Darwin depending on your itinerary timing.

Can you direct message me your proposed itinerary?

Im an experienced sailor and have sailed various sections of the East Coast, mostly Sydney to Gold Coast and a couple of trips up to the Whitsundays. Have also sailed around Cooktown and Cairns once.

Let me know what you think,

Regards,

Jason.
Old 24-08-2015, 13:32   #4

Boat: CT 56
Send a message via Skype™ to undercutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVYJimmy View Post
Hi undercutter

your add doesn't mention anything about shared expense , will you be keeping the crew . i believe you will be going against the wind so you might have a large fuel bill ? by the time you get to head south it will be late in the sailing season , some mention of these things may get a better response .

i am sure it could be a good trip , i love the great barrier reef .i will be sailing the oposite way , hope you get your crew .

cheers

jimmy
Thanks Jimmy,

No I am not looking for crew to share any expenses and yes the winds blow predominantly out of the east except that I understand that the winds shift to NW sometime in October which is the window we are waiting for, Either way the boat has a M135 Perkins 6cyl which can push the boat at 8 kts in calm seas at 1800 rpm. She carries 1800ltrs fuel and no I am not looking for any contributions here either.

Not really in a rush and we would mostly day sail except for the Gulf Passage and hope to get in some diving as well. I agree, should be a good trip if I can find an excellent cook who can stand an odd watch now and again.

Hoping to get out for a day sail today as \i am tired of all the polishing!!!!

Tags
brisbane