Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-05-2013, 06:49   #1

Darwin-Malaysia via Bali Delivery

Looking for 1 volunteer crew member to assist in a delivery from Darwin, Australia to Malaysia departing Darwin on Aug 17th. The Yacht is a 54' sailboat, custom built, has done 10 Sydney to Hobart races and does yearly blue-water international racing. Looking for crew that are local to Darwin as the team cannot cover your airfare to Darwin. Your food/accommodation will be provided from Aug 17th from the time we reach Malaysia (4 week delivery).
Serious inquires only. Preferablly non-smokers.
Airfare will be covered from Malaysia back to Oz.

Mike
Old 23-05-2013, 19:35   #2

Re: Darwin-Malaysia via Bali Delivery

Lucas
Yachtmaster Coastal
15 k NM
Delivery Experience
willing otherwise to be 17 of august on the mooring covering my own expenses
Old 24-05-2013, 00:49   #3

Howdy Mike,

Hello there,
My name is Aaron I am 25 year old musician/artisan/teacher from the Southern Highlands NSW Australia. I am planning a world randonneur overland through Indonesia, South East Asia, India, the Middle East, Balkan Peninsula and Europe. (wouldn't need a return ticket) The last preparations are being made and I am ready to set sail so if you happen to have space for a cycling troubadour aboard I'd love to hear from you.

For more information on my sailing experience and qualifications please contact me. dhupunuru@gmail.com

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Aaron Wales
Old 26-05-2013, 18:24   #4

Dear Aaron and Lucas,

Where are both of you based right now?
Would like to speak with both of you in person, if not by phone.
This is a professional delivery and a 100% committment is required.
You will be required to sign a contract of your crew requirements and duties, ect. The skipper will take an overview of your skills and compatabilty with the rest of the crew.
You would need to be in Darwin at least a few weeks before the Delivery for practice and getting the yacht ready.

Let me know

Mike
Old 26-05-2013, 19:13   #5

Howdy Mike,

Listen I'll be in Darwin as of Wednesday onwards, perhaps we could meet for a beer in the evening and chat more? If my hands fit the duties then commitment is no problem.

Kindest Regards,
Aaron Wales.
Old 27-05-2013, 04:26   #6

Dear Aaron,

E-mail we when your all settled into Darwin Aaron. We'll arrange a date and the captain and i will do an interview.

Mike

catshadowzoo@yahoo.com
Old 28-05-2013, 19:00   #7

Dear Mike

I am in gladstone right now and am looking forward to work for the sea nevertheless given the opportunity if around darwin to help you out with the shipyard work ... there is always something to do on a boat
Old 05-07-2013, 02:03   #8

Hi,

I'm actually in Darwin and I'm looking for a boat to sail to Asia to start my trip there. I like the idea of going to Malaysia since then I can travel all the way down to Indonesia and then return to Australia, for what you won't need to pay a flight back to OZ.

I'm a journalist who is trying to become a writer and I already have some short stories of my four months travelling in Australia and I want to keep travelling and writing.

I took a course back in Argentina where I started sailing in a J24. In Australia I was sailing and racing at the Sandringham Yacht Club on different boats practically every week. I was sailing on a Elliott 15.50, a Beneteau First 30 and on a J24 of course.

I'm really interested in improving my sailing skills than being a simple passanger. I'll be really satisfied with that and of course I'll be up to do any job on board and share the expenses and more to pay you back for the opportunity. It's the least I can do.

My contact details are:

Phone: 0448668160
Email: agustindinca@yahoo.com.ar

Tags
delivery