Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-12-2013, 03:27   #1

Dad And 12 Year Old Son - Australia / January

Dear All

Thanks for reading this post.

I am a 48 year old Dad living in Singapore my son is 12 years old and lives in Sydney. We only have the school holidays together and try to spend them with quality time. Both of us enjoy the water and sailing.

We are looking for a family or couple who are sailing in Australia and would enjoy our company for a week or two on their boat.

Here is a bit about us:
My boy is a bright and well behaved 12 year old and has just finished his first year in high school with great grades. He loves the water and enjoys sailing, swims very well and loves sports. He plays soccer and loves to surf when he get a chance to. He is a very friendly boy, gets along well with kids of all ages and is very communicative after the initial ice is broken.

We have been blue water sailing together in January this year on a 52ft sloop in the Philippines, around 220 NM in all types of weather conditions and both of us have not issue with rough weather and seas.
I have RYA competent crew and coastal skipper certificates and have sailed on various size boats both mono-hulls and catamarans. I can manage all crew positions on the boat and am happy to work the galley.

We are hoping to find a cruising family or cruising couple who would enjoy our company on their boat for a week or two. We are sure it would be a delightful experience for all of us.

We can get to pretty much anywhere in Australia but can only sail with you in January during the school holidays.

We will be happy to share costs and add some extra to the cruising piggy bank.

Thank you for your consideration, we hope to hear from you.
And in case this is does not suit your situation maybe you know someone in the cruising community who may be interested, we would be most grateful if you could point them to our post.

Have a great start in the New Year!
Old 03-05-2014, 01:15   #2

Re: Dad And 12 Year Old Son - Australia / January

hi there I am north of sydney looking to sail north asap , are you still looking for a boat it only a 29 footer and I need it taken north to the tropics
nick
Old 03-05-2014, 21:42   #3

Re: Dad And 12 Year Old Son - Australia / January

Hello All

Thank you for reading the post and the forum for hosting the request.

We managed to spend some time sailing in January and will re-post if we have another opportunity to spend time on the water.

Meanwhile back to school and to the grind....

Tags
Australia