Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-04-2015, 22:19   #16

Re: CRUISING THAILAND

Hi.

This sounds really interesting. I have recently been thinking about buying a sailboat, therefore I would like to learn how to sail and see what the sailing life is all about. I also love Thailand, been there 3 times, and cruising around in the Andaman sea sounds amazing.
I am a 28 year old man from Norway, I work at the northern sea and have a lot of time off to travel and do what suits me.
Please send me a mail if you haven't found you`re crew yet and tell me all about you`re plans. My e-mail address is torstein_u@hotmail.com
Old 06-04-2015, 02:06   #17

Boat: Bavaria 37 (2007)

Hi OP
I have read some requests that did sound like they just wanted a cheap or free crew to deliver their boat for them. But there are many more that just want a crew to help and share the adventure with them in return for a share of the costs. After all I think that is the main purpose of this board. A trip around the Andaman is definitely on my list of to dos one day and I only wish I was in a position to join you. Good luck and ignore all the pedants/trolls.
Old 06-04-2015, 05:30   #18
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Island Packet 38

OK, people not everyone's native tongue is English, so lets back off on that OK. We assume everyone speaks English, and that is an incorrect assumption to make.
People who speak and write more than one language are more gifted than those of us that don't.
The number one over riding rule here is to be nice, and some here haven't been, so please watch that.
If you disagree with someone, you don't have to jump them about it, just nicely point out your objections. Disagreement is not disrespect, don't confuse the two.
Old 06-04-2015, 05:33   #19
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Island Packet 38

Oh, and be careful with posting your email addresses and phone numbers in the thread.
Disguise it a little by spelling a number etc., or better yet send it by PM
Old 09-04-2015, 07:43   #20

Hi*there I just saw your post looking for a crew. *I have some experienced sailing around Cape Cod on my Catalina 22 for the last few years. I can navigate very well and hold a course *I had take couple navegation and safety courses with the coast guard here in Boston. I know my way around a sail boat and I have sea legs ready. I'm a great cook, *very clean , and I know how to catch fish and cooked. *I speak Spanish, *Italian and little french. I follow orders and i hate to sleep. I love red wine and i don't eat red meat. I'm *looking to gain some sea experience and keep growing as a sailor and in due time do what you doing sail around the world. *Good luck on your trip be safe and I hope to heard from you

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Old 11-04-2015, 22:28   #21

Hey there! I'm definitely interested. My name is Sam, travelling through Indonesia and going to head up to Thailand soon. I'm motorcylcing through SE Asia and would love to join a sailing crew. How long are you planning on sailing for? When will you depart? I'm from the States, was a math teacher in NY, and now am travelling/adventuring/photographing. Always looking for a fun adventure. Have very little money but am strong and can help out/work in whatever way possible. Can also cook, hope to open a restaurant when I go back to the US.
Old 12-04-2015, 05:19   #22

Boat: Mason 44

to you sail and dive

eon years back, the only way I got to join boats as crew to sail in Malaysia and Thailand was to catch them on the ham radio and meet them when they came in to Penang or Port Klang.

If CF & internet exist back then, I would have jumped on offers like yours.

Those that have took me on have left me more determine and inspired to get the right boat and go out there. May this world have more people like sail and dive.

I did hear of one boat owner who insisted a simple letter of declaration ie. no criminal history or convictions, waiver of liability but I wonder if that thing is common. I will be doing short handed sailing, at least for now.
Old 14-04-2015, 23:05   #23

Huh, I don't understand some of the negative comments...anyway, I'm interested! I grew up living aboard a Pearson 390 and I'm itching to get back on the water. My girlfriend is Thai and I've been to Thailand 6 or 7 times. I'm heading over on Saturday for a couple of weeks and would love to meet up with anyone cruising in Thailand. Thanks for your post, and feel free to message me.
Kye
Old 18-04-2015, 11:42   #24

Send a message via Skype™ to pedroledesma

Hello , I'm Looking for a position as a amateur crew for July and august , I have been sailing in the BVI with my family during several years from Tortola till st. John at least tree years for 30 days each time , and anther two years in the Granadines , I/m in use of this waters , also I have been sailing in Greece during 4 years from Khalamari till Thira and also to Corfu and Pelonesus , Im handy n the boat procedures and also I have a easy going character , I am hard-working and trustworthy, I always put a lot of effort and care into the work I do. Im studing now industrial engineering in Spain , I spoke english , german and spanish ,
I like to cook and willing always to help.
waiting your news
Pedro Rodriguez de Ledesma if you want to contact me prl1694 plus Gmail.com
My email is [removed]

My skippe number pedro1694
Old 06-05-2015, 06:21   #25

Hi Sail and Dive,

I'm very interested in an adventure in Thailand. I hold a PADI Rescue Diver qualification and also a RYA Day Skipper licence as well as a Power Boat Level 2 licence.

More than happy to share costs. I live in Barcelona and have plans until the first week in June. After that I am free to travel.

What dates are you looking at?

I can send you my full CV with references should you wish.

Regards

James
Old 09-05-2015, 12:39   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by sail and dive View Post
I am looking for 1 or 2 crew to cruise around the andaman sea. The yacht is a Wharram Tiki. I am very familiar with the waters here.
Also underwater since I am a diving instructor as well.
No sailing experience nescesarry, I can show you everything you need to.
I use to sail single handed.
If you are easy going and enthusiastic, ready for adventures, then contact me.
Contribution for food and fuel expected.
I very interested, please email me at
kirgiz1@yalhoo.com
Old 16-05-2015, 03:31   #27

im in thailand willing to meet up and join however not sure if i am able to estimate budget yet if u want to email me ur baht or usd expectations i am ready and willing! rock and roll from ellekruger@aol.com a female 27 sailed the keys happy to join learn experience possibly move on to surf spots

Tags
cruising, Thailand