Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 31-03-2015, 04:51   #1

Boat: Owen Easton, 46
Cruise from Tahiti to Bora Bora in May/June

Are you interested in a cruise from Tahiti to Bora Bora on a 46 feet Catamaran?

We leave Tahiti May 20 and return to Tahiti June 2. We will visit Huahine, Rajatea, Tahaa and Bora.
I cabine for 2 people free.

Contact me and have a look at www.baju-sailing.de if you are intetested.

Stephan
Old 31-03-2015, 05:47   #2

Boat: Columbia 57
Re: Cruise from Tahiti to Bora Bora in May/June

Sent you a pm

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 31-03-2015, 06:05   #3

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I am looking for People who would like to join the cruise and pay for it rather than crew I have to pay.

Stephan
Old 31-03-2015, 09:02   #4

Boat: 2017 Jeanneau 519

It's not a cruise then it's a charter, and its not crew wanted its customers needed.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Old 01-04-2015, 08:53   #5

Boat: Looking for my next boat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba0_1 View Post
It's not a cruise then it's a charter, and its not crew wanted its customers needed.
I think it is a "crew wanted". Its common to ask crew to pay their own way, including a share of food. Crew is expected to take orders and work.

It sounds like a great opportunity, but Captain Baju should include alot more information on what is expected and what is offered. Once you are at sea, money means nothing.
Old 01-04-2015, 08:56   #6

Boat: Alden auxiliary ketch 48'

You post here in English. Your website is in German. You are advertising here, it seems. Perhaps you should make that more clear - or perhaps become a vendor.
Old 01-04-2015, 10:20   #7

Boat: 2017 Jeanneau 519

It's not it's pay me to get on my boat. It's a charter. Website business charter

Sent from my SM-N910V using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Old 05-04-2015, 11:52   #8

Hi everybody. No it is not a commercial charter. But yes, I do offer a cabin for two People who are willing to help during the cruise and pay their share. I organized this privately. It is part of my own holiday. I have done this trip twice before, last time it was last summer. These trips are expensive and so I am looking for sailing enthusiasts who would like to experience the Societies together with me and another Person.
You will have your palce in a cabin on a 46 foot catamaran. I will Skipper the boat and do most of the work and cooking but wish to two more People who are interested in helping with all sailing tasks.
The costs are 95 Euros per day and person for the boat expensens plus the Food and Disel consumed. Not more but not less.

We will leave Tahiti to Moorea where we will spend one or two nice days in a beautiful lagoon. I will Show you around and we will go feeding rays and sharks. From there we will head to Huahine down to ist south most lagoon. A beautiful, beautiful place. We will make a stop in Fare the main town where we will experience real Polynesian markets and live. We will head to Raiatea and Tahaa thereafter. Do a boat ride up the Raiatea river and pick bananas and visit a vanilla farm and a Pearl farm in Tahaa. The next stop is bora bora where we will spend enought time to experience the greatest lagoon in the world before we head back directly to Tahiti to end the cruise of 14 days. We will be 4 People on board only. We will sail together, eat and enjoy this trip together.
Any more questions, send me an email: Baju-sailing@gmx.de

Stephan
Old 05-04-2015, 12:01   #9

No, it is not a charter. Have a look at the Website and you will see that it Shows the Story of my boat and the trips I do in Polynsia when I am there on holiday. This is a holiday cruise for me and people who are willing to pay a share on the expense - and who I like and allow to join. I structure it in a way that people see the Highlights of the area and I get to see them again as well and spend time with new and instersting people I meet. After the trip the boat is set on shore for the next year and the next trip of the same kind. I do this once or twice a year in my personal holiday time. Belive me, what I get from People does not create a profit nor cover the costs of the trip. It is not commercial at all. If it was I would have gone bankrupt years ago. I simply enjoy cruising with others and seek people who are willing to cover some of the expenses of such trips.
Old 05-04-2015, 12:08   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyoldboatguy View Post
You post here in English. Your website is in German. You are advertising here, it seems. Perhaps you should make that more clear - or perhaps become a vendor.
Well, yes, I am promoting a cabin and space for two People for a trip I organized privately. I am looking for People who would like to join and fill the space and pay their share. I am not a vendor nor a Commercial whatever. Sorry if my "advertisment" is misplaced. But someone who would like to join a such a private cruise might find it usefull - I hope.

It is too time consuming to translate all my Website into English. I did in the beginning but quickly stope as it took too much of my time. As this is a privte Website, I am sure you will understand.. Here the link to the English Part mostly complete and up to date until 2013. Cruising Details for this trip are however updated. http://www.baju-sailing.de/english/about-baju/
Old 05-04-2015, 12:15   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamburking View Post
I think it is a "crew wanted". Its common to ask crew to pay their own way, including a share of food. Crew is expected to take orders and work.

It sounds like a great opportunity, but Captain Baju should include alot more information on what is expected and what is offered. Once you are at sea, money means nothing.
I guess it is a mix really. I would love to offer work against bunk and did many times in the past. But then the total costs are so great - especially in French Polyneisa - as I discovered after such trips that I would have to stop inviting People all together. So I decided to ask for Food and Disel plus additional cost coverage for the trip and make it an unforgettable experience to those who join me in return. I do not make Money with it and do not recover the costs but this is o.k. as it is also my own holiday.

Tags
cruise, tahiti, bora bora