Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-07-2012, 08:25   #1

Crewman Available

I’m a 51 year old retired guy with 8 years US Navy experience- Boatswain’s Mate 2nd class (rank = to sergeant in army)- assault boat coxswain/ master helmsman/ master lookout/ master rigger (and instructor for each), I have circumnavigated the globe 5X for Uncle Sam. As a civilian, I drove an 88’ sailing ketch that I co-owned and operated for several years sailing from Maine to Alabama and back a half dozen times- coastal and ICW operations.
I understand radar and can navigate well with gps, loran, and if you have almanacs and sextant I can perform basic astral navigation (although I’m very rusty).
I am not a mechanic but can do almost all (standard) maintenance, a fair hand at short term fix for emergency electrical, and plumbing issues; I don’t mind getting my hands dirty. I am willing to work as a crewman or as crew supervisor as you require. I work and play well with others.
I am bored being stuck on land- I’m feeling land locked. I would be willing to sail from anywhere to anywhere on any vessel safe to make the trip required if you cover round trip costs of transport and basic expenses. I am located near Boston.
I am retired due to a blown disk in my back so toting barges and lifting bails is a no-go, but I enjoy doing light maintenance and upkeep.
If given enough lead-time I may be able to help put together a crew for you.
I also know several licensed captains (they would require the appropriate level of compensation).
Old 10-07-2012, 08:33   #2
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
Re: crewman available

welcome and good luck.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:50   #3

Re: crewman available

Hello Sailor. I am a retire Army SGT. Will depart from Puerto Rico in a one way trip to Santa Martha Colombia. If you are bored and want just to sail, call me at 9three92four7,5zeroo,eigth,sixx.

I am departing this week in a venture 33 and will love to have some company, it's about 8 days traveling and the wheater report shows great sailing wheather.

regards

Karibe

]I’m a 51 year old retired guy with 8 years US Navy experience- Boatswain’s Mate 2nd class (rank = to sergeant in army)- assault boat coxswain/ master helmsman/ master lookout/ master rigger (and instructor for each), I have circumnavigated the globe 5X for Uncle Sam. As a civilian, I drove an 88’ sailing ketch that I co-owned and operated for several years sailing from Maine to Alabama and back a half dozen times- coastal and ICW operations.
I understand radar and can navigate well with gps, loran, and if you have almanacs and sextant I can perform basic astral navigation (although I’m very rusty).
I am not a mechanic but can do almost all (standard) maintenance, a fair hand at short term fix for emergency electrical, and plumbing issues; I don’t mind getting my hands dirty. I am willing to work as a crewman or as crew supervisor as you require. I work and play well with others.
I am bored being stuck on land- I’m feeling land locked. I would be willing to sail from anywhere to anywhere on any vessel safe to make the trip required if you cover round trip costs of transport and basic expenses. I am located near Boston.
I am retired due to a blown disk in my back so toting barges and lifting bails is a no-go, but I enjoy doing light maintenance and upkeep.
If given enough lead-time I may be able to help put together a crew for you.
I also know several licensed captains (they would require the appropriate level of compensation).[/QUOTE]
Old 28-07-2012, 14:32   #4

Boat: Hatteras 61 CMY, Hatteras 58 Yachtfish, Eastern 21 CC
Re: Crewman Available

Hi Sailor by Choice,

I cannot post anything long in a quick reply but I have put up a crew wanted post that should be available soon. It's titled Canadian Maritimes and Newfoundland aboard Luxury Cockpit Hatteras Motoryacht. Bottom line is that I am on the Gaspe peninsula without cew (his business partner died suddenly and he had to return ASAP.) I am looking for a fellow cruiser who wants a rare opportunity to see places less often visited. I will pay transit and all expenses. If interested call me at 202-359-0781.

Mike